It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland makes way more sense than Kane. He is significantly younger, not inury prone and a better player.

Agree Haaland has a lot of potential but if you watch him hes very raw. hes not necessarily going to come to City and fire from day one.... wed need to be patient and do you pay £100m for that?

We need Kane. Hes nearing 26 (still only 25!). Coming into his best years. Homegrown.

Hes so good coming inside from the wide left too. Hes more of a Pep player than some give him credit for

Lewandowski type player with a record nearly as good as Aguero's, playing with poorer players
He's just about to turn 27 but I agree.

Every time I've see Kane live (when we've played Spurs) I've been impressed with how early he takes on shots and his technique.

In the games where a team sits deep and the killer pass isn't coming off, he is the type of player who will create space for himself to get his shot away. When Aguero isn't in the team we really miss that.

I wonder whether given his injury record City could be a good match for him. He would start all the big games, but with our strength in depth we could probably rotate him for more games than he currently is able to at Spurs who heavily rely on him.

Spurs not qualifying for the champs league will be a big blow for him and as he heads to his peak years it doesn't look like they'll be challenging for titles any time soon. Maybe he would be willing to consider a move, if he is then City would be mad not to throw our hats in the ring. The fee for any club signing him would likely be a record and we don't tend to go for those transfers, maybe we'd make an exception for him though...

So how much would levy take for Kane? Slap down 100m then gradually rise the bid to 130m with Addons?

Think levy will come out with 200m+

It looks like we're signing Ake and Torres, and hopefullly Koulibaly. After that I still think we need a left back desperately. And probably a striker.

Ake
Koulibaly
Chilwell
Torres
Kane

Would make heads explode. Would probably cost the best part of 350m though. Would need to shift Stones, Otamendi, Angelino and probably Zinchenko too.

We need Kane. Hes nearing 26 (still only 25!). Coming into his best years. Homegrown.

Hes so good coming inside from the wide left too. Hes more of a Pep player than some give him credit for

Lewandowski type player with a record nearly as good as Aguero's, playing with poorer players
He's 27 in about a week

Every time I've see Kane live (when we've played Spurs) I've been impressed with how early he takes on shots and his technique.

In the games where a team sits deep and the killer pass isn't coming off, he is the type of player who will create space for himself to get his shot away. When Aguero isn't in the team we really miss that.
I was thinking along the same lines. Aguero is one of our only players who will have a dig from outside the area. Kane is good for a few hits like that too. His ankle is a worry, but a fit kane would score a shit load of goals in our team.

Honest to god this site at times!! The most prolific goalscorer of recent times and some fans wouldn't want him. Crazy stuff.
People wanting Felix before Kane is madness. We urgently need an out and out goalscorer now and whoever it maybe needs to hit the ground running. We simply can't afford a bedding in year. For that reason Kane is the only one.

Two days ago Mourinho was quoted in the press saying Kane wouldn't be as special at another club.

Made me wonder at the time if some club had been sniffing around.
On his video yesterday announcing the sex of his latest baby he also seemed very elated to shout IT'S BLUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.