It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it transpires that we can't get him on a free, I wonder if City will end up paying €100m on the provision they buy Garcia for €30m.

Messi and Barcelona get to point to a €100m fee - Messi can say he didn't screw the club out of a fee, Barca can say they got the same as Real for Ronaldo at the same age. Barca can play up the angle that they took Garcia against our will, he's one of Spain's most promising prospects, can be a massive part of their rebuild etc.

We get to tell everyone we got the €30m we wanted for Garcia, a player we got for nought, and signed the best player of all time for effectively €70m/£63m.

If it transpires that we can't get him on a free, I wonder if City will end up paying €100m on the provision they buy Garcia for €30m.

Messi and Barcelona get to point to a €100m fee - Messi can say he didn't screw the club out of a fee, Barca can say they got the same as Real for Ronaldo at the same age. Barca can play up the angle that they took Garcia against our will, he's one of Spain's most promising prospects, can be a massive part of their rebuild etc.

We get to tell everyone we got the €30m we wanted for Garcia, a player we got for nought, and signed the best player of all time for effectively €70m/£63m.
I could live with that :o)

I’d expect, if there is to be a circa €100mil fee, that it’ll be more than just Garcia going the other way. Hence for example, a valuation of hopefully €70mil for Gundo.....

Like, a lot.

By my reckoning, we have already cleared the best part of £400k a week from the wage bill following the departures of Dave, Bravo and Sane.

Ake and Torres will be on nowhere near Dave and Bravo monies.

In addition, Vinny was on £200k a week and that void hasn't been filled.

Toure was on a similar amount and it's not a stretch to suggest we won't need much additional cash to meet Messi's wages.

Even factoring in Rodri and Cancelo wages, we must currently be up at least £300k a week in wiggle room, with potential sales to come and another big earner in Fern to leave next summer.

Added to new sponsorships and uplifts, I don't see it impacting the impending rises for Sterling and De Bruyne.

Will definitely be a fee involved. Barca need to show cash flow. 100m as you say, they will buy Angelino and Garcia for 50m. 50m profit on the books. Look at the Arthur and Danilo deal in recent years.

By my reckoning, we have already cleared the best part of £400k a week from the wage bill following the departures of Dave, Bravo and Sane.

Ake and Torres will be on nowhere near Dave and Bravo monies.

In addition, Vinny was on £200k a week and that void hasn't been filled.

Toure was on a similar amount and it's not a stretch to suggest we won't need much additional cash to meet Messi's wages.

Even factoring in Rodri and Cancelo wages, we must currently be up at least £300k a week in wiggle room, with potential sales to come and another big earner in Fern to leave next summer.

Added to new sponsorships and uplifts, I don't see it impacting the impending rises for Sterling and De Bruyne.
add koulibaly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.