It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any news as to whether City or Messi have secured or could obtain this international transfer certificate from FIFA?

I think it's working in a very different way,
say FIFA regulations:

"8 Application for registration:
The application for registration of a professional must be submitted together with a copy of the player’s contract. The relevant decision-making body has discretion to take account of any contractual amendments or additional agreements that have not been duly submitted to it.
9 International Transfer Certificate (ITC):
1.Players registered at one association may only be registered at a new association once the latter has received an International Transfer Certificate from the former association. ..."

EDIT:
Messi's contract with Barca has to be terminated somehow,
Messi has to sign a new contract with City (or elsewhere),
the registration is back office work.

In a footballing sense, I still have my concerns about a 33 year old playing his first season in England (wet Tuesday in Stoke etc), but from a commercial perspective there's only 2 players who can do that. Mbappe may be a better long term bet as a player for someone, but is he as marketable, I doubt it

Fortunately Stoke aren't in the same league as us so we don't need to worry about it! If you have your doubts, just watch some recent Barca games again and look at how good he still is. Don't buy the bullshit about his legs going or a lack of pressing. He's in a team where the majority are unable to run. It's much like sticking Foden in a midfield with Fernandinho and Gundogan. He can run all game but it wouldn't make a difference because the opposition would pass round him and jog past those two.

He's still the best player on the planet. The through balls against Bayern were simply class. He identified the space to exploit them and just picked pass after pass to bring others in to exploit it. He dribbled through them a few times, and played a pinpoint ball over the top that led to Suarez' goal. Bayern were just better and the ageing players at Barcelona cost them. But not Messi. The man was world class against Napoli in the previous round. Re-watch that game. There's a CB we're looking at signing that will definitely be happy to join us if Messi is here too.

I get your drift and I must admit I’m not totally sold on the idea myself. However, I’ve decided to give my head a wobble and stop being a miserable twat. We’re talking about signing the best player that ever lived, or certainly one of them. Doesn’t seem that long ago I turned up ten minutes late at Edgeley Park and we were losing 2 nil. Bring it on!
That's the spirit!

Might seem a bit of an odd question but if he signs then surely he starts every game, given he generally plays from the left where we are heavily stocked with Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo how does it affect squad harmony?

Might seem a bit of an odd question but if he signs then surely he starts every game, given he generally plays from the left where we are heavily stocked with Sterling, Mahrez, Bernardo how does it affect squad harmony?
Mahrez would be the odd one out.

Am I the only one who thinks he's got another 4 years at Elite level?
I would say he can easily go on till 38. His numbers at 33 are better than any 33 year old ever. The team will have to adjust to his play if we do keep him that long but I think it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.