It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see the little guy play for us but certainly not if we have to undo 10 years of hard work, bringing wages to a sensible structure, nobody being 'bigger than the club', forward planning, not overpaying transfer fees etc. It stinks of a last chance at dominating Europe whilst we still have Pep which I get but I do worry about the negative long term affect this will have. Hell it wouldn't be City if we didn't put the fans through it!
We've got 20m Instagram followers, Messi has 164m. Not sure this is just one attempt at cracking the CL, feels more like an attempt to fast forward through the next 10 year plan.

Assuming Covid goes away, imagine the friendlies in Melbourne, New York, Mumbai etc. Barca, Madrid spent years achieving their global brand that allows them to generate a lot of money. Whilst I still like to pretend football is about what happens on the pitch, that hasn't been the case for many, many years

Is there any news as to whether City or Messi have secured or could obtain this international transfer certificate from FIFA?

If he leaves Barca I'm convinced he'll come to us. It would be a bit weird for him to go to another club, a completely unknown quantity when we have everything in place for him. At City he'd have a mini Barca reunion with Soriano etc, whom by all accounts he always had a good relationship compared to Barca's current management. Not to mention Pep as manager and having Aguero as a teammate.

It's encouraging to hear he's adamant he's leaving, but I read earlier Barca want a sit down with him and you can bet they will throw everything at him to stay. Hopefully the biggest hurdle was him stating he wanted to leave, which he has done and the rest is just going to be wrangling so Barca can try and save face with a hefty (but affordable within FFP) fee.

The talking, the negotiating is already over.

There is nothing left to determine from either side in terms of his willingness to join and our willingness to pay him what he requires.

Messi isn't flinching by the sounds of it.
I can see us avoiding an impasse and just paying a ‘token’ amount to get this done. You can’t dilly dally for weeks on this as anything can change in a day. If he wants in, we need to bring him in. We value Garcia at €30m and they want him - get it done City.

I think the Messi effect on the club would be huge, not just his impact on the pitch as one of the best players on the planet, but off the pitch he takes the club to an entirely new level. Commercially, yes, but just imagine the impact it’ll have on the perception of the club by other players we are trying to attract - we’d have to capitalise on that in the coming years. Messi takes us to an Elite level, all that will be left is to win the Champions League and we are truely at the top table.

We've got 20m Instagram followers, Messi has 164m. Not sure this is just one attempt at cracking the CL, feels more like an attempt to fast forward through the next 10 year plan.

Assuming Covid goes away, imagine the friendlies in Melbourne, New York, Mumbai etc. Barca, Madrid spent years achieving their global brand that allows them to generate a lot of money. Whilst I still like to pretend football is about what happens on the pitch, that hasn't been the case for many, many years
Wow at those Instagram figures. You can’t even put a figure on the impact he would have on the club and brand - we would become exponentially more popular and bring in a new generation of fans and sponsorships.

You’ve worded it perfectly mate, this accelerates us at light speed.

Estimated £250m total costs (£50m wage a season and £100m fee) to have him here for 3 seasons would be the biggest a bargain in the history of the game. In a world where Dembele cost Barca £140m, Pepe cost Arsenal £80m (plus wages!) etc I’m not sure what anyone is smoking if they don’t see the incredible impact this will have and the value it will bring us over the next 10, 20, 30 years and beyond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.