It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
He references a sports lawyer who should be an expert. We know nothing is black and white and different interpretations can exist but that's a problem. We could do without uncertainty. I am sure City will check this out because Tebas will exploit any opportunity he can to nail us. We can't afford any risks.

Messi has Barca by the balls, he’s either available on free now or in June. City and Barca will end up hammering out a deal that saves face for them and doesn’t cost the earth.

You would think that before a transfer is verified, FIFA would have to clear it and establish who has registration of the player rather than let it a dispute escalate.

I believe though that Barca want to rebuild without Messi so I think they will want to do a deal. I think they want to sell Messi whatever they say in public.
There will be a fudge acceptable to both sides imo.
While we and Messi could go down the legal route, and would very possibly be justified in doing so, my guess would be Garcia and/or maybe Angelino plus a few quid for the sake of expediency. Maybe reported on the books as 50/60m in total.
Anything approaching nine figures, however, and I reckon we’d take our chances in court

He references a sports lawyer who should be an expert. We know nothing is black and white and different interpretations can exist but that's a problem. We could do without uncertainty. I am sure City will check this out because Tebas will exploit any opportunity he can to nail us. We can't afford any risks.
I would imagine recent events have more than demonstrated that MCFC’s legal people have a better handle on things than Senor Tebas

I don't think that's clear. Webster ruing applies to players who signed a contract before the age of 28 (wiki).

Barcelona's ex-President (Gaspart) says messi can't leave for 'free' although he would say that.
Webster ruling applies to everyone. Any player can buy themselves out of their contract if the contract was signed 3 years ago (or more) for a player under 28, or 2 years for anyone over 28.

Very true but we also know that given any opportunity to hurt City they will take it even if they are on shaky ground. I wouldn't want to take even minimal risks.
Of course. But this time the law is very much on our side should we choose to pursue that particular avenue. Though as I said I suspect we’ll choose a more placatory route involving a player/s eg Garcia and a bit of cash that allows Bartomeu to save some sort of face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.