It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stadium issue in New York is still on going due to the corporate greed of landowners in the city. Apparently it’s run almost mafia like and the club have twice found a plot for the stadium only for it to become entangled in a massive political issue. I keep a close eye on NYCFC stuff and the fans are fit to pull their hair out. Attendances have dropped continuously since their expansion and many are “giving up” until they have a home. A certain someone in three years with the prospect of a home could change that.
Sorry if not relevant just thought I’d share

Beckham got a discount on a MLS franchise whilst CFG might not want rival a new club in the league owned by Messi The league wants to add several clubs to the league there and there are further blank spot on the map where they could add more a lot of big cities in the US and a lot of big corporate powers who would fancy being involved in a franchise be it directly or indirectly A new franchise owned by messi would send sponsorship and broadcasting across all league clubs soaring and so would help NYC

I think the other big factor is the soccer schools / pitch thing that CFG bought out Messi branding would really help could argue more so than City branding even after years of growth in city fan base

I think it could all be sorted by the middle of next week, should Messi not back down.

He's got Sunday tests and Monday training but a lot will happen before then.

my only concern is that he has a change of heart

the club have clearly done everything in prep to make this happen if he gives the word but it would be a huge wrench for him to leave somewhere he has been for 20 years - it wouldnt be surprising to see him do a u-turn and have a change of heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.