It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it could all be sorted by the middle of next week, should Messi not back down.

He's got Sunday tests and Monday training but a lot will happen before then.

People are reporting that Messi is going to speak publicly in the next couple of days.

I said in the other thread IMO this is him putting a timer on Bartomeu. Sort everything out before Messi talks and it'll be a heartfelt goodbye to the club and fans. Still trying to play hardball and make Messi the villain? There's going to be a very public airing of all the many grievances and sins of the current board and president and Bartomeu is done.

And the sword dangling over Bartomeus head is that liability for a share of the losses at Barcelona. If he's forced out he loses control over fixing the books before he's voted out.

my only concern is that he has a change of heart

the club have clearly done everything in prep to make this happen if he gives the word but it would be a huge wrench for him to leave somewhere he has been for 20 years - it wouldnt be surprising to see him do a u-turn and have a change of heart

It's literally the only fly in the ointment, him having a change of heart, otherwise, he's a City player.

I don't want to see protests at the gates. We saw it with the failed takeover of Newcastle - the media and certain clubs didn't want it to happen and the longer something gets played out in public, the worse it becomes.

City have too much at stake to let it drag out beyond next week.

It's literally the only fly in the ointment, him having a change of heart, otherwise, he's a City player.

I don't want to see protests at the gates. We saw it with the failed takeover of Newcastle - the media and certain clubs didn't want it to happen and the longer something gets played out in public, the worse it becomes.

City have too much at stake to let it drag out beyond next week.

I wonder if our hierachy will be able to offer him any support in this. Surely Kun will be in his ear/on the phone trying to convince him/reassure him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.