It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying but let's not pretend he's not been rewarded handsomeley for what he's done.

They want the best fee they can get for him. Fair enough in my eyes, he doesn't want to be there, Barca are gonna have to cash in to rebuild, they want the most they can.

You think then, that if Aguero had told us he wanted to leave, we should ask 200 mil for him & if nobody paid it, tell him to get to fuck ?

It is crazy seeing as they agreed a clause with Messi to allow him to leave at the end of the season if he wants. It’s a **** trick stopping him from activating it.

It's how that clause is interpreted, that's what the issue is. Covid has made it a minefield, no **** wants it to go to CAS, gonna be a game of who blinks first

You think then, that if Aguero had told us he wanted to leave, we should ask 200 mil for him & if nobody paid it, tell him to get to fuck ?

Nope of course we wouldn't, I'm not in charge of a football club. Merely stating I can understand why they want whats best for their club.

If they’ve already agreed to the idea he can leave on a free, then yes it is

I imagine if you quote my post you read it. If he is free to leave they’re obviously wrong. If they believe they are right and can demand a fee then they’re not. It’s crazier for some to think you’d give an asset like that away for free IF you don’t have to

All clubs do, but it's no way to behave.

Of course it is, you do what's best for the club. We can let Vinnie, Silva, Zab etc go for free because it's not going to affect us that much, regardless of what they've done for us.

Messi is completely different, it's not comparable to any player in the world apart from fake Ronaldo

I get what you're saying but let's not pretend he's not been rewarded handsomeley for what he's done.

They want the best fee they can get for him. Fair enough in my eyes, he doesn't want to be there, Barca are gonna have to cash in to rebuild, they want the most they can.

I've been going back and forward in my head about this. On the one hand like you say he's earned millions playing there, it's not like he's hard done by or anything. Furthermore you could argue that it's well within Barcelona's rights to refuse to let him go, he signed a contract and should honour it after all.

The sticking point for me is he entered that contract knowing he had a get out clause each year. Obviously the delayed end to the season has played havoc with this but I have to sympathise with Messi here, he is merely exercising the right he signed up for and both parties agreed upon. I suppose this is where "spirit/intent" vs "technicality" comes in isn't it.

Of course it is, you do what's best for the club. We can let Vinnie, Silva, Zab etc go for free because it's not going to affect us that much, regardless of what they've done for us.

Messi is completely different, it's not comparable to any player in the world apart from fake Ronaldo

So it's ok to shit all over your greatest heroes if the financial situation is worth it ?

They agreed a contract with Messi, that he could leave at the end of a season, for free.

Whether it stands up in court or not, you know & I know, that the intention of that contract would mean that it kicked in, now, the season is over.

But not only are they ignoring that, they are asking for 700 million quid, to honour it.

It's fucking disgraceful.

So it's ok to shit all over your greatest heroes if the financial situation is worth it ?

They agreed a contract with Messi, that he could leave at the end of a season, for free.

Whether it stands up in court or not, you know & I know, that the intention of that contract would mean that it kicked in, now, the season is over.

But not only are they ignoring that, they are asking for 700 million quid, to honour it.

It's fucking disgraceful.

I guess it all comes down to the wording and interpritation of that contract...everyone has been left in a very strange position by the unprecedented world wide situation that covid has caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.