It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I've missed it but I'd like @Prestwich_Blue to give his view of the finances of this transfer would work out. I know there's plenty of unknowns but just a hyperthetical view of whether its doable or not.

Obviously if Messi only wants £10 per week its okay and if he wants £5m per week it isn't. But making some assumptions such as Garcia and Angelino going to them and with Messi saying money won't be an issue, what is a reasonable impact on our financial position with regard to FFP and our required outlay on other positions.

Shouldn't be too hard (lol)
The fact we are looking into this should give you all the confirmation you need that financially, it is doable. That is unless you don't trust the board.

He will but 100m plus transfer and wages of at least 500k week, that's a lot of sponsors and not a good time to be looking for new ones.
Added to that, he's a Barca icon, will a 33 yr Old Messi in sky blue attract as much sponsor $?

Yes. He is the icon. And plenty have smashed it financially during covid. It has been an opportunity for many businesses. Some have suffered, others have prospered.

The fact we are looking into this should give you all the confirmation you need that financially, it is doable. That is unless you don't trust the board.
They know 100% the deal is doable in terms of wages/contract, the issue is the fee/compensation that may be required, that could be a problem.

We’re working on two deals outside Messi. The general message is that the transfer plans this summer remain unchanged. Messi will be a bonus on top not someone who changes what we do elsewhere.

Seems to be an obvious determination to have a good window.

It is excellent to see the club remain committed to improving the squad. Last season showed how quickly dominance can end in football. We need improvements and the deficit to Liverpool and the CL, FA Cup exit will have been as tough to accept for the board as it was for us.

Liverpool haven't done much as of yet. Three seasons running with a limited squad and they could definitely suffer a natural decline in any case. We just need to make sure, regardless, we are in the strongest position to challenge for honours next season.

I can countenance a valuation of £100m but no more - see Ronaldo's move to Juventus. I do not think he is the best player in football now. Neymar, Mbappe, KDB, Salah, Davies are all players who would have a significantly higher transfer value.
Who is/are the best player in football then?
Not who has the higher transfer value

It is excellent to see the club remain committed to improving the squad. Last season showed how quickly dominance can end in football. We need improvements and the deficit to Liverpool and the CL, FA Cup exit will have been as tough to accept for the board as it was for us.

Liverpool haven't done much as of yet. Three seasons running with a limited squad and they could definitely suffer a natural decline in any case. We just need to make sure, regardless, we are in the strongest position to challenge for honours next season.

We have known ourselves if you don’t improve when champions it means you are going backwards. We are improving, they aren’t currently

Yes. He is the icon. And plenty have smashed it financially during covid. It has been an opportunity for many businesses. Some have suffered, others have prospered.
Wouldn't be surprised if we bagged Amazon. We have an existing relationship with them following the All or Nothing series. I reckon CFG would make a commercial profit on Messi if we signed him. He could finish his career at New York City FC in time for their new stadium. It's a no-brainer for me.

We also need to be aware of Chelsea. Their transfers this close season have been impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.