It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Messi is concerned he should refuse any wage. He’s not their player and a such they are playing the game by threatening a reduction/fine, if he reacts or accepts a lesser wage then they have him on a new contract. Ignore it and it adds weight to his belief, in fact his legal team should publicly say that.

I’ve read that a large part of Messi’s income is derived from shared image rights whereby sponsors pay Barca for using his image and he gets a cut.
If he’s not contracted to them he should sue Barca for using his image without the authority to do so.
First step would be to take out a court injunction to gain a cessation order so that Barca have to withdraw his image and compensate him for using it in the interim.
IMO that would bring about a quick legal appraisal of his contract situation and bring the matter to a head.

I’ve read that a large part of Messi’s income is derived from shared image rights whereby sponsors pay Barca for using his image and he gets a cut.
If he’s not contracted to them he should sue Barca for using his image without the authority to do so.
First step would be to take out a court injunction to gain a cessation order so that Barca have to withdraw his image and compensate him for using it in the interim.
IMO that would bring about a quick legal appraisal of his contract situation and bring the matter to a head.

Great shout

If Messi claims he is no longer a Brca player (ie. Not getting paid by them/claiming wages) how can they fine him...?
They can’t. They can claim they’re only not paying him because of the fines he’s incurred. Could you imagine us treating Kun like this in a few years time? It’s disgusting! Some players earn the right to dictate their own exit and at 33 I believe messi has earned that right.

They can’t. They can claim they’re only not paying him because of the fines he’s incurred. Could you imagine us treating Kun like this in a few years time? It’s disgusting! Some players earn the right to dictate their own exit and at 33 I believe messi has earned that right.
Just been across the Barca fan forums including Reddit. Seems like most agree with you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.