It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So circulating press are looking at Messi alternatives. If we sign Messi for a fee (there’s a lot of differing reports whether we will or not pay one) then Barca will look at alternatives most notably Salah or Mane thus weakening the Dippers. That would be hilarious

If we give them any money for Messi we should insist they go all out for Mane and we willing to add a bonus of 10m if they get him. :)

So circulating press are looking at Messi alternatives. If we sign Messi for a fee (there’s a lot of differing reports whether we will or not pay one) then Barca will look at alternatives most notably Salah or Mane thus weakening the Dippers. That would be hilarious

Scousers are also reportedly in for that Sarr as well for about 40m - makes you wonder if they know a bid is coming or that Mane wants out cause he knows Barca are interested.

It would, however Barca are such a fucking circus just now and if they no longer have Messi I have doubts either of them would be all that keen to go there.

I don't think we'll sign him for a free. 100-150m will be most likely the deal and Sam Lee is reporting this is what City expect.

Would be worth it if they signed Salah for that.
I don’t agree. Up to £150m for a player who MAY be available on a free doesn’t work for me, but I understand your point. This is a club who want to pay £10m for a 19 year old who has just been called up by Spain. Barce as a board are the Spanish fucking Bayern’s

In the recent Dzeko documentary, he talked about how over the summer he decided he wanted a change and roma was where he wanted to go. He said he told the club, and they helped him by doing everything to make the move possible, accepting less than they could have, and structuring it as a loan, not invitnig any other clubs to bid for him.
And that is Dzeko, for players like Sergio, they'd absolutely get the blessing they
deserve, and the club would make it easy for them. It is shocking barca aren't doing the same with messi.

I swing from thinking it is an attempt to get as much money out of this through misplaced bravado, or a political power play yo say he did everything to keep him. But part of me also thinks bartycakes is maybe chancing he can make it collapse, at least till the election, so he isn't seen as the one to have let messi go. big gambe, which i don't think will come off.

From what I can make of it, they desperately need to get some money in to balance the books before the election because the board members each put up a substantial surety and that money is used to balance the accounts if they’re still in the red at that point.
This leads me to think that it’s a ploy to try to get a fee for Messi and for it to be the maximum possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.