It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I can make of it, they desperately need to get some money in to balance the books before the election because the board members each put up a substantial surety and that money is used to balance the accounts if they’re still in the red at that point.
This leads me to think that it’s a ploy to try to get a fee for Messi and for it to be the maximum possible.
Inspirational thinking :)

So circulating press are looking at Messi alternatives. If we sign Messi for a fee (there’s a lot of differing reports whether we will or not pay one) then Barca will look at alternatives most notably Salah or Mane thus weakening the Dippers. That would be hilarious

Unfortunately you would have to be mad, to go there.

They are playing the contract enforcement game. Publicly, they've stated he is contracted to them, la liga have backed it, so they just act out the contract, he either shows up or is fined. It forces messi or us to put an offer in, which then confirms their stance. Or to take it to court, which nobody should want.

It is untenable though, and the longer it hoes on the more embarrassing it gets. All messi wants to do is have a proper goodbye seemingly.

The ‘you are still under contract’ bluff might have worked if Messi had turned up for training... the contract would still be in force... you train and get paid etc... With Messi nor showing up it effectively means that Messi has given notice and ended the contract. Messi is no longer contracted to Barca. It’s now just a case of whether there is compensation to be paid. I’m guessing not. I suspect we might be prepared to give Barca Garcia in exchange for a swift transaction I.e. getting Messi‘s registration.

Why should we pay anything if he's available for nothing. We are not a charity, nobody gives us anything gratis and we do have to watch what we spend because of FFP.

Why should we pay anything if he's available for nothing. We are not a charity, nobody gives us anything gratis and we do have to watch what we spend because of FFP.
Some assurance that we haven't breached regulations and would face no further action along with swift resolution of required registration would make sense for a fee.

I don't think we'll sign him for a free. 100-150m will be most likely the deal and Sam Lee is reporting this is what City expect.

Would be worth it if they signed Salah for that.

Equally if Messi is free from his contract why would we give Barca £100m? A token like Garcia maybe to speed things up but our owner didn’t get rich by giving £100m away when he doesn’t have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.