It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone seems focused on a like for like replacement for Aguero but I'm not sure that player exists. We're talking about one of the most lethal strikers of all time.

Jesus is perhaps better compared to the role Firmino plays for Liverpool, dropping, linking play and moving defenders to create space for the wingers. Pep mentioned as much recently. Rather than find a striker I reckon the strategy will be more focused on finding a winger who can put away goals.
The Revie Plan?

Need to remember that many leagues and clubs are in a horrible financial situation on the back of the current crisis, which if it continues into the coming season will have a devastating effect on many clubs, even the supposedly bigger ones. Our CAS victory might suggest to them that we have money to burn, but many of these threatened clubs are no longer in the strongest selling position, so we will be able to drive hard bargains. At the same time, we might find that younger players we had out on loan are back with us because other teams simply cannot meet the prices that were originally agreed.

I worry about Koulibaly. He seems quite rash and spends a lot of time on his arse, i have no interest in the Italian league so have only watched youtube videos, but watching them transported me back to watching videos of Mangala, where every tackle he seemed to make was a slide tackle, granted, in the videos they come off, but they're highlights, how often does he concede fouls or miss completely? The worry is for me is, they look good in a poorer league with much slower football and then arrive here and are miles off!

Also if we weren't willing to part with £75 million for a 26 year old Van Dyke, we shouldn't be parting with that sum for anyone.

My opinion of course.

We didn’t push on Van Dyke because we knew we could get Laporte for less given he had a buyout. Otherwise we may have competed for Van Dyke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.