It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone seems focused on a like for like replacement for Aguero but I'm not sure that player exists. We're talking about one of the most lethal strikers of all time.

Jesus is perhaps better compared to the role Firmino plays for Liverpool, dropping, linking play and moving defenders to create space for the wingers. Pep mentioned as much recently. Rather than find a striker I reckon the strategy will be more focused on finding a winger who can put away goals.

Everyone seems focused on a like for like replacement for Aguero but I'm not sure that player exists. We're talking about one of the most lethal strikers of all time.

Jesus is perhaps better compared to the role Firmino plays for Liverpool, dropping, linking play and moving defenders to create space for the wingers. Pep mentioned as much recently. Rather than find a striker I reckon the strategy will be more focused on finding a winger who can put away goals.

Same as us wanting a like for like Sané replacement, it just doesn't exist.

Agree unless you count Ferna out as a DM option and full time CB then you'll have the below

DM - rodri/Gundogan

Attacking CM - KDB, Havertz, Foden, Bernardo

LW - Sterling/Torres
Striker - Jesus/Aguero
RW - Mahrez/Bernardo /Torres

Some double ups I know but those players can play mulitipkw positions including Havertz can play across the front 3 if needed

That to me makes a lot more sense than Martinez. A striker buy is definitely for next year not this year.

Gundogan's staying and for as long as he is in the squad, Pep will never deem his only as a backup DM. He will always been tempted to play him in central midfield, despite it being glaringly obvious he's not good enough there.

Foden's only managed 1500 minutes this season with Sane out injured for the entire season and Silva being injured for chunks of the season and his age was really showing when he has been fit (bar his exceptional form since the return). Foden's game time has been split between playing on the wings and centrally, so what happens when we sign an out and out winger like Torres, who's far more suited to play the wide role than Foden and Havertz, another generational talent with a huge price tag, enters the fray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.