It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame. Looks a fantastic player.

Think its a couple of years too early for us to have him - we have too many players in similar roles - KDB, Bernardo, Foden Jesus, Mahrez Sterling - all can play the false 9 role

We cant have everyone and although this guy looks excellent we just dont have room in our squad unless there are some suprrise departures

I was going to say he cold be there KDB but suddenly remembered that Chelski actually had KDB and got rid - idiots!!!!. However I think they agve omved on from there in terms of how they play their football and now i think this lad will be great for them - Which will obviousy threaten us BUT will help make the league more competative and will also threaten the likes of Liverpool as well

We didn’t push on Van Dyke because we knew we could get Laporte for less given he had a buyout. Otherwise we may have competed for Van Dyke.
That's fair enough, at the time we were in the market for one and I think we made the right move for us personally, Laporte is perfect for us and will only get better. I just mean the fee though, we saw on the all or nothing doc, khaldoon said "£75 million, they can't be serious", gives the impression we'd be unwilling to pay that for anyone, particularly now in a post covid market.

They have plenty of time though. Could say the same about us, close to Torres but defence is our priority. Doesn’t matter what order they arrive in.
Yeah absolutely, but how much are they going to spend, I suppose they had a year to save up though, so who knows what they might end up spending!!

When it comes to defence, they really don't. Our defensive purchasing has been one of the worst of top clubs.
Is it a fit Laporte, Walker, Mendy with one other would be pretty good, Stones should have been not sure whats gone wrong with him. Cancelo and Danilo okay as back ups, actualy think Cancelo will emerge as a good signing. Mangala was the only one that I’d put down as a bad signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.