It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
His injury are also due to improper/inadequate training that usually comes with personal problems at home. In his case which was self inflicted. That in some ways are also not pity material.
I also think he will come good if he manages to solve those problems. I hope it is not in another club.

I very much doubt that his injuries are caused by inadequate training / lack of fitness.
Player fitness is monitored constantly during training sessions - heart rate under load, recovery rates, blood pressure, blood oxygen etc.
We have quite possibly the best medical assessment facility in world football. All the latest equipment, so that we can perform the most accurate assessments, and a team of experts who determine whether a player is fit enough to play competitively.
We pay tens of £millions to buy these players and we then pay them £millions in wages - they are assets that we’re careful to maintain and protect - so he wouldn’t get on the bench if he wasn’t proven medically and without doubt to be fit to play.

Thus IMO his injuries are not caused by any failure to train adequately, which is even more of a worry because if they were then that would be easy to correct.

I like John Stones, I think he’s a classy player who often gets pelters he doesn’t deserve (look at his stats).
I always feel that if he could get a decent run if games then I feel he’d settle in and prove to be a good asset.
Maybe I’m struggling to let go eh?

For me, if we were going for a striker this year Id go for Martinez - more adaptable playing across the front 3, more mobile.

Barca seem to be saying publicly they cant afford him but obviously this could just be a ploy to get the club to drop the asking price

Kane, no links. Sancho, no links. Messi, no links. Why the fck are these threads dominating the Transfer forum. People getting worked up about nowt. We increasingly come across as entitled tossers...

We have the best manager in the world, play the best football and have won something like ten of the last 14 available trophies domestically. Plus we've just told a corrupt G14-backed UEFA to fuck off in court and won. I believe we have every right to want and expect the club to be interested in the very best players that could be available.

He is injured at Spurs because he has to play 90 mins for them so often. We could manage him a lot better. His scoring record is incredible. It doesn't put us back in that department at all. Who else is there that guarantees you goals like Kane? Haaland is unproven. Benteke had a cracking season once too.

Aguero is likely to play even less next season and Jesus is still developing. Kane would come in and score a shit load for the next 4 years and then there might be another player worthy of signing. For me there is no better forwards signing for us than Kane. His hold up play, passing, penalty taking and general goals per game makes him the best striker in the league by a mile...except for Aguero.

we dont want to buy a player whose time we then have to start managing before he even kicks a ball for us -that should be a huge red flag for starters. You state that he would come in and score shit loads - you know that for sure about as much as Haaland.

He may not be as motivated to play for us as he is for spurs as well (He is a spurs fan isnt he?). That extra 5% playing for your boyhood club can mean a lot

It's semantics and this isn't a court of law. It's pretty fair to say Kane will score a shit load of goals if we signed him. As I said you can't worry about previous injuries too much, the medical team will make their call. Everytime he has come back and continued to score so it is logical he would do the same if we signed him. His goal record tells you all you need to know. Quickest to 20 CL goals, World Cup golden boot winner.
It is semantics but to say he would guarantee or even score a shed load for us is totally unknown. Agreed he does it for Spurs, but they are not us.

Hopefully we avoid him

We have the best manager in the world, play the best football and have won something like ten of the last 14 available trophies domestically. Plus we've just told a corrupt G14-backed UEFA to fuck off in court and won. I believe we have every right to want and expect the club to be interested in the very best players that could be available.
The best players for our team and the way we play may not be, and usually aren't , the best players for other teams or the most well known / expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.