It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we're actually after a CM, does that mean Foden is not El Mago's successor? If we're buying a CM and playing Foden more - how does the new signing fit in?

There isn't the squad space, let alone the game time.

Or are we anticipating losing Gundogan or Bernardo?

Out of those 3 it wont be Foden.

Foden should be fucking electric this coming season.

His Marca interview is far from graceful, especially where he talks about his 3 point ultimatum to Valencia being named captain, being one of the highest earners and having the owner directly call him for his renewal.

Personally I don’t have an issue with it, but people are acting as if we are the bastion of moral righteousness, and we would only sign humble players. I just pointed out the contrary to that, as we just signed a player who made an interview immediately after his move to bad mouth the ownership of his old club and a former teammate.
In all fairness, if Sterling had slagged off Liverpool for the way they treated him when he signed for us we'd love it.

Torres has been the victim of a pretty obvious and nasty media campaign ever since he decided not to renew.

So if we're actually after a CM, does that mean Foden is not El Mago's successor? If we're buying a CM and playing Foden more - how does the new signing fit in?

I think it we get all our targets it could be that one of those would quite possibly leave - though at the moment it all depends on buyers having the funds doesn’t it. From everything in the media it seems like there could be an awful lot of players up for sale and need moving on between us, Chelsea, arsenal, united..

I think it we get all our targets it could be that one of those would quite possibly leave - though at the moment it all depends on buyers having the funds doesn’t it. From everything in the media it seems like there could be an awful lot of players up for sale and need moving on between us, Chelsea, arsenal, united..

Gundogan for me
Bernardo not been the same since racist shit thrown at him but will come good

Gundogan all day long then, but he has the least resale value and likely isn't going to get a bigger contract than he is on here. Maybe his old pal Erdogan will give him a job at Basaksehir?

Pep has said on more than one occasion that we won't be buying a David replacement. Not sure I believe a word of it but maybe I'm wrong.

If he buys a playmaker then that's going to be really bad news as far as Foden is concerned. Even if someone like Bernardo then departs (not that I'm advocating it), I think that Phil will just then be used as a rotation option for the wings and that's not his natural game.

Maybe I'd understand if we brought in someone like Aouar with the idea of converting him into a holding midfielder who occasionally plays as an 8 to give the others a rest but I don't think he's particularly suited to that and it's exactly what we've got Gundogan for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.