It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he doesn't.

He comes across as someone very happy to be coming here.

His Marca interview is far from graceful, especially where he talks about his 3 point ultimatum to Valencia being named captain, being one of the highest earners and having the owner directly call him for his renewal.

Personally I don’t have an issue with it, but people are acting as if we are the bastion of moral righteousness, and we would only sign humble players. I just pointed out the contrary to that, as we just signed a player who made an interview immediately after his move to bad mouth the ownership of his old club and a former teammate.

I have seen it ,he is not a negative character and If that is your best defence you have lost,we have standards and that is that,their personality and how they will fit in is as important as their skills

Never said he was a negative character but he did not conduct himself according to this supposed level of righteousness that many claim is a must for us to sign players.

His Marca interview is far from graceful, especially where he talks about his 3 point ultimatum to Valencia being named captain, being one of the highest earners and having the owner directly call him for his renewal.

Personally I don’t have an issue with it, but people are acting as if we are the bastion of moral righteousness, and we would only sign humble players. I just pointed out the contrary to that, as we just signed a player who made an interview immediately after his move to bad mouth the ownership of his old club and a former teammate.
I may be wrong here but I imagine someone (some people) at City will be having a word with him about said interview, and once he has been properly integrated into the squad I would be staggered to hear anything like that again. I would also not fall on the floor dead, despite my apparent old age, if there had been some mis quotes; wouldn’t be the first time. However I am sure someone will be having a quiet word

I didn't read anything about him bad mouthing the owner, just that he didn't personally get involved.

I read him saying he didn't feel the club had shown they were particularly keen to keep him & he didn't have a great relationship with the captain.

And that he's delighted to be signing for us.

So if we're actually after a CM, does that mean Foden is not El Mago's successor? If we're buying a CM and playing Foden more - how does the new signing fit in?

There isn't the squad space, let alone the game time.

Or are we anticipating losing Gundogan or Bernardo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.