It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes thats all nice and fine. But were talking about transfer fees and wages. Some players you just need to offer the biggest and the best. Like right now if PSG said Mbappe is for sale wed be daft not to put our best wage and transfer fee in. Whether he wants Madrid or not. 1) Itll increase the price for Madrid 2) He might swing our way.
With all due respect that's complete bollocks. You can't buy commitment and loyalty. If someone and I include Mbappe doesn't want to be here for the right reasons (footballing/trophies), then he's not welcome.
But then there’s players like de Jong. Who wanted to join us before going to Barcelona and for whatever reason we decided not to go balls deep for. Big miss IMO, don’t get me wrong it’s not a glaring position we desperately need a player in but I just think the lad is exceptional.
In Barca’s squad I think there aren’t many players that are unsellable and he’s one.
If de Jong wanted to join us so much, he wouldn't have gone to Barcelona. In the same way Sane wouldn't sign his new contract because he wanted to go to Bayern.

But then there’s players like de Jong. Who wanted to join us before going to Barcelona and for whatever reason we decided not to go balls deep for. Big miss IMO, don’t get me wrong it’s not a glaring position we desperately need a player in but I just think the lad is exceptional.
In Barca’s squad I think there aren’t many players that are unsellable and he’s one.

Don’t think it’s a big miss. Yes he’s a top player but Barca paid €75m and €300k per week in wages. De Jong would be one of the top earners at our club coming from Ajax. Understandable why we didn’t want to meet his wage demands. They were excessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.