It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to offer players in exchange if he's a free agent.

Maybe give them a discount on Garcia or Angelino if they promise not to drag it through the courts.

I think it'll be similar to this. Either Barca accept that the clause he thinks he can trigger is applicable and he leaves as a free agent, or Messi is pissed that they're refusing, threatens to go down the Webster route, and City can agree a deal with Barca for the equivalent fee (around £70-100m). That could consist of players + cash, but I seriously doubt we'd go anywhere near discussing his buyout clause.

Remember when Arsenal offered the release clause +£1 for Suarez and Liverpool said no because that wasn't really exceeding the release clause? A couple of years later a Liverpool official said they were concerned Suarez and Arsenal would challenge that legally because they knew full well that it did exceed the release clause, and they'd have lost in court.

Likewise Barcelona will be just trying it on with the date thing out of desperation. It buys them a little bit of time and leverage to try to talk him round but I would be absolutely astonished if they were prepared to fight it all the way.

If any deal happens Barca will keep denying he is leaving until the last second, and after that Tebas will try to stop it citing some La Liga rules about why he has to stay in Spain.
I'm surprised Tebas hasn't already claimed Messi's clause has expired and he can't leave.
Maybe Tebag is a Madrid fan and he’d like nothing more than too see Barca lose Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.