It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Weah even at 33 was streets ahead of our team, the goat alluded to it on radio last week that weah used to make these fantastic runs in behind the defence or take a defender with him but none of the midfield ever spotted it.
He played a full season at Marseille after us.
A full season? 20 games and 5 goals in all competitions? I guess it's a full season if your name is Benjamin Mendy, maybe that's what he was used to in the French league.

Weah being streets ahead of our team or not, streets ahead of Marseille's team or not, the best do at some stage usually around this age (33), start to tip the technical/physical balance in the wrong way, as we have also seen with Merlin.

Man we should defo not let Jesus go.
He ain’t a number 1 striker but scored 28goals last season. He is young and these types of players are damn expensive to purchase.

And to be honest I prefer him to Lautaro Martinez. Chuck in who ever we want but not our tier 1 talent.

any one from tier 2
Garcia
Angelino
Otamendi
Zinchenko
Gundo

I know you can prove anything with stats but for me Jesus is criminally underrated on here. A pretty damn fine list to be 3rd in number 1 and 2 were/are pretty special.

City14
28 goals is no1 striker in any other team ! Jesus needs a run of games, he is a confidence player he is a player that needs an arm around him and his confidence/ego constantly topped up . a run of games with Messi will be the making of him.

I know you can prove anything with stats but for me Jesus is criminally underrated on here. A pretty damn fine list to be 3rd in number 1 and 2 were/are pretty special.

I don’t like the term stat padding but I think in terms of Jesus his numbers are bolstered by that. It isn’t to say he’s a great talent but for me on the big occasions or against the bigger teams or important matches he doesn’t flourish. There are examples when he has don’t get me wrong, Madrid home and away he was excellent but when you are looking at them stats have a look at the majority of the opposition. Have a look at any match winning goals or points gaining moments.

100% agree.

Jesus reputation suffers from the idea that he is next in line to Aguero, so he is constantly compared to that benchmark. But Aguero's stats are a major outlier, he's been one of it not the best goalscorer in the league for a decade, it would be no surprise if we didn't see another goalscorer like him play for City in our lifetime.

Compare him to the other strikers in the top 4 teams: Robert Firmino, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial, Timo Werner. The stats and the eye test are favourable. Tbh I feel the way a lot of City fans talk about him shows that we've become a little bit spoiled.

A full season? 20 games and 5 goals in all competitions? I guess it's a full season if your name is Benjamin Mendy, maybe that's what he was used to in the French league.

Weah being streets ahead of our team or not, streets ahead of Marseille's team or not, the best do at some stage usually around this age (33), start to tip the technical/physical balance in the wrong way, as we have also seen with Merlin.
Ok you pedantic fucker, 3/4 of a season.
So reading between the lines Messi is on the downside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.