It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koulibaly and a 'mystery' is all I can say. Whilst half the world expects it to be a left back, personally I think their target is another goal scorer/forward. But others think it'll be a CM.

It's been a weird year, and a weird transfer window so anything could happen!

Strong rumours of both a forward and another midfielder (though of course the forward could have been Messi)

Personally I hope its a forward though I can see it being a midfielder as Pep loves his midfielders(didnt he say once that he would play 11 midfielders if he could?)

I did say this before TH and Ahsan said it wasn't over...it made no sense for Messi to concede now.

Even if it's true that Bartomeu said €700m or court, why would you give up after a week? Why would you not use your influence at the club and power with the fans to try and pressure him into changing his stance?

At the very least, why would you not use the stand off and the carrot of coming back into the fold as a way to get some decent signings in for next season if you can't leave?

Nothing made sense about conceding yesterday on the grounds that he gave.

In terms of this window, it’s certainly over, I’ll take anyone’s money on that, too many variables at play now..

Now it not being over in the grander scheme of things, sure, I expected as much, however, it’s dangerous ground in 12 months,‘especially as it will be a catalyst for Kun to want to stay.... commercially it’s a no brainer, even in 12 months, but we’ve seen what commercial deals can do to the harmony of a squad if it’s for reasons other than football, which it undoubtedly would be after a year..... if we can do it now, great but not for me further down the line!

Strong rumours of both a forward and another midfielder (though of course the forward could have been Messi)

Personally I hope its a forward though I can see it being a midfielder as Pep loves his midfielders(didnt he say once that he would play 11 midfielders if he could?)

Hasn’t every single City related journalist already ruled out the signing of a midfielder? I also feel like Ake will cover both LCB and LB so it looks like a CB and a goalscoring finisher.

Quite clear Messi wants to leave, but his family have reservations about moving. I might be wrong but his family needs will kibosh this deal imo.

I think there has been too much been put in that part on the interview, I think that was more of a ploy to push his point of how desperate he was to leave.

So if we put an official offer in for his transfer, can Messi request for it to be listened to, or even accepted?

What does Messi achieve by staying a Barca, another champions league highly doubtful, another league possibly, Ballon Dor I doubt it. What does Barca get a disgruntled player, a huge loss in money, no transfer fee, seems to me both parties lose out, wouldn’t surprise me now if we put a bid in plus Garcia, Barca get what they want and Messi gets his new challenge if that’s what he’s really after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.