It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi's family don't want to move to Manchester, so unless she's willing to let Lionel live on his own over here it will never happen.

Doubt this happens in January. Just don’t see what will change. Looks like Barca hope changing the Board, etc. may change Messi’s mind - and it very well might...who knows, a lot can happen in 6 months

I hope we have our other transfers in motion. Hopefully Koulibaly, and another striker

Big risk if hes not signed a new deal by Jan, to wait to see if a board change keeps him at the club. Gambling on a 100 mill assett going for nothing.

To be honest, Messi was already asking to leave on a free. From Bartomeu perspective, he has succeeded in stopping that. He doesn't need anything more.

Yeah, he can try and claim to be the hero. He's stopped Messi walking out for free, if a big bid comes in for an unhappy player in the last year of his contract, that's a different story though and he can position it in a positive way via his media contacts.

Messi hasn't changed his mind, he's used his platform to tell everyone just how unhappy he is! If Barca keep him and risk losing him on a free, more fool them. But he still wants to leave.

Quite a bit of talk in the thread about Messi's comments about his family.
His kids are just 7, 4 and 2 and his wife supports him but the eldest Mateo was upset. He's 7 ffs.

From Goal:

“My son, my family, they grew up here and are from here. There was nothing wrong with wanting to leave. I needed it, the club needed it and it was good for everyone.”
Goal: Family is something very important in your life. Your father has had a bad time, your wife too, your children. What have they asked of you? What did they tell you? They must have told you, 'Dad, this, dad, that'. Did they watch the news on TV and ask you something?

“All this time it has been hard for everyone.
“I was clear about what I wanted, I have said what I felt I wanted.
“My wife, with all the pain of her soul, supported and accompanied me..."
Goal: But the most important member of the family is Mateo.

Messi: [Laughter] “Yes, Mateo is still little and he doesn't realise what it means to go somewhere else and make your life a few years elsewhere.
“Thiago yes, he is older. He heard something on TV and found out something and asked. I didn't want him to know anything about being forced to leave, to have to live in a new school, or make new friends.
“He cried to me and said, ‘Let's not go’. I repeat that it was hard, really.

“It was understandable. It happened to me. It is very difficult to make a decision
.”

Anyway my sources tell me that Mateo's favourite uncle had a word.
Mateo loves his Uncle Kun and can't stop laughing when he sees him. So Mateo felt excited about moving when he realised he'd be seeing him more. Uncle Kun promised he'd play FIFA, make his favourite childrens Mate in the magic cup and teach him his winning ways with the English girls.

as it stands, laporta has just signed the petition, thats it. Now sure, it will lead to further signatures as a symbolic move for those he is popular with. He is not looking to replace him at this point.

Messi's family don't want to move to Manchester, so unless she's willing to let Lionel live on his own over here it will never happen.
Sure she may not like Manchester compared to Barcelona but she would go nonetheless.

Messi wanted to leave so she would have to swallow the move anyway.

Doubt this happens in January. Just don’t see what will change. Looks like Barca hope changing the Board, etc. may change Messi’s mind - and it very well might...who knows, a lot can happen in 6 months

I hope we have our other transfers in motion. Hopefully Koulibaly, and another striker
It’s not just the board though mate, his interview states they are falling behind on the field. This and no money opens the door still. He clearly wants out. Not taking Barca to court, is honorable given his status. Takes a potential 700m risk for him and new club never happening. So leaves Barca to decide whether to cut losses for a fee, if one comes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.