It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it very difficult to believe that we’ll bring in a CB, LB and CM/CDM before the window shuts. Talk of a striker seems to be mere fantasy. Time is running short and nothing really seems to be happening right now.

I’m preparing myself for a difficult season. My expectation is that we’ll be fighting for top four. Given that we are weaker than last season on paper and that those around us are strengthening, it’s difficult to see how we will be able to close the gap.

I don’t see us improving much defensively even if we do bring in an experienced centre-back. The left-back position is likely to remain very weak and we lack any real protection for the back line. Plus, with Silva gone, our ability to retain possession is arguably diminished.

Unless Bernardo returns to his very best form, we are a KDB injury away from disaster. Let’s face it, he has been carrying this team for a while now.

Why would Stones and Otamendi start over Ake ? And why do you think that business done in the last 10 days of the window is different from business done in the first 10 days of the window? They all go in the same squad in the end.

I agree on Mahrez and Rodri by the way. Neither seem like shoe-ins for their respective positions - but that's the nature of the transfer market. You win some and lose some.

I'm not sure I'd personally be characterising anything City do as shambolic. We've got incredibly capable people running our transfer department, which is why we've built the squad we have and won the titles we have in the last decade.

Didn’t Ake do his hamstring mate in Holland’s last match and Laporte maybe dealing with any after effects from Covid?

No the entire model, with a DOF, is we buy the same players for whoever is manager. As far as I see there is no reluctance to invest, only a reluctance to rush to overpay
Yes, makes sense. Have to admit for me the messi transfer was not just exciting to see the greatest ever player in blue but the hopeful extension of pep contract and kun staying

Why would Stones and Otamendi start over Ake ? And why do you think that business done in the last 10 days of the window is different from business done in the first 10 days of the window? They all go in the same squad in the end.

I agree on Mahrez and Rodri by the way. Neither seem like shoe-ins for their respective positions - but that's the nature of the transfer market. You win some and lose some.

I'm not sure I'd personally be characterising anything City do as shambolic. We've got incredibly capable people running our transfer department, which is why we've built the squad we have and won the titles we have in the last decade.
Is it presumed we need to shift a few first so then get the main targets??

The journalist close to Aguero, said a day ago that we let Angelino go as we have already wrapped up a signing at lb, he was asked who, hinted at Tagliafico. Apparently he's reliable tier 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.