It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
And though none of us like saying it, in energy and pressing at least Foden improves on David, or Bernardo does if he plays there.

They improve the team on energy yes, but in terms of control of the game, creativity etc... Silva is the best of the 3.

And though none of us like saying it, in energy and pressing at least Foden improves on David, or Bernardo does if he plays there.

Yeah that’s true they’d be a big improvement there but unfortunately we know who’ll play most of the time and not press!

My point about other clubs activity is to show that this window is different than a usual one so it's not really reasonable to declare we are stuck on a particular path based on anything combined with this summer. We're living an anomaly. The idea that we shouldn't compare to other clubs, I'm sorry but I just completely disagree. That's ignoring the entire context in which we operate.

I would agree with you if we didn’t continue to spend money where it doesn’t need to be spent. We’ve spent £20m on a prospect for the future, who will likely spend most of the season on the bench and £40m on a CB/LB who most agree is back up for other players. This doesn’t suggest that we are being more careful with a limited budget in difficult times. Surely a more frugal approach in these tough times would have been to spend the £60m where it’s most needed and call it a day?

I would agree with you if we didn’t continue to spend money where it doesn’t need to be spent. We’ve spent £20m on a prospect for the future, who will likely spend most of the season on the bench and £40m on a CB/LB who most agree is back up for other players. This doesn’t suggest that we are being more careful with a limited budget in difficult times. Surely a more frugal approach in these tough times would have been to spend the £60m where it’s most needed and call it a day?
In relation to Torres, he is already a very exciting talent and I think he will get a lot of game time and not just from the bench. Can't wait to see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.