It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post but ultimately speculation.

We went after Maguire and Van dyk but price was an issue and Komps changed his mind last min.

2 new signing will have a positive impact, one is a CB.

Aguero is still here so in theory we do not need to replace.

We will bring in another cb and messi is still a possibility until the window closes.

Pep will leave us in a good position to continue to challenge whether that is this year or next. The building blocks for long term success is in place.

The team is going through a period of transition from dominance under covid and FFP.

The club is run by professional individuals who will make mistakes but will also strive to keep us at the top.

FFP cannot be dismissed as it has caused us to slow down and limit our spend. Well done you corrupt wankers!

Again we sound like an entitled fan base.

Bar the occasional few people with specific information this whole transfer forum is speculation or discussion of media speculation.

The issue with Aguero is injuries, his meniscus injury has kept him out since June. He no doubt would have helped us against Lyon but injuries have been an issue. We are going to face a condensed, intense season. What happens if Jesus gets injured?

I agree that the team is going through a degree of transition- the likes of Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Zabaleta have gone, Aguero leaves next summer. We have replaced Yaya with KDB, Zaba with Walker and we’ll see if Foden replaces Silva. We haven’t and need to replace Kompany.

No one can say that Pep will leave us in a good position just yet. Hopefully we’ll have a great farewell season and a new man steps in.

FFP should be less of an issue this summer but for obvious reasons the market is flat. There may well be some last minute horse trading but I don’t expect us to get involved as we try and avoid panic buying.

As for an entitled fan base- City owe us nothing, all we can hope for is that the powers that be keep aiming high. The point of my post is that we have clear issues with our squad, as we did last year. I hope we take steps to rectify the problems. If we choose to buy replacements for Doncaster or Barcelona they’ll have my full support.

Because if Suarez leaves, Barcelona get €20m off the wage bill and can afford to keep Messi's wages and buy new players.

If Suarez stays they are financially fucked, can't buy anyone new and might succumb to a bid for Messi to sort everything out.

Haha, so Messi working to get out by making Suarez stay... He isn't in today's squad

No one can say that Pep will leave us in a good position just yet. Hopefully we’ll have a great farewell season and a new man steps in.

Why are you assuming Pep is leaving next summer? Do you know something we don’t?

We’re more likely to see Pep extend until 2023-2024.

Alaba is the best answer, fuck Jose, Diago & Koulabily

David Alaba is as good as any of them if not better & can play LB, LAW the lot
Ake, Laporte, Stones & Alaba is all we need

Fuck Koulabily been saying it for weeks now its a pisstake & to be honest City are just egging Napoli along imo

Tixi has to be saving the cash for something big imo & it ain't a CB

Sign Alaba & we are good at the bacek with Ake signed as well
Not going to happen, reports his agent wanted 20m for negotiating a renewal, what would he want for a transfer?>

Alaba himself is looking for 350k a week, crazy wages in these times.

Why are you assuming Pep is leaving next summer? Do you know something we don’t?

We’re more likely to see Pep extend until 2023-2024.
Unfortunately can't see that happening, sure he would have signed by now.

Maybe only Messi would change that chance and that looks less likely by the day.

So they’re fucking about over 10m, wow.
This could be one of two things:

1. Txiki and our management refused to pay Southampton 75m for a 27-year old Van Dijk, and feel they would look stupid to match that figure two years later for a two year older defender.

2. Txiki has a personal grudge with ADL and it’s messing up this transfer big time.
I hope he’s doing what’s best for the club and not let ridiculous and personal stuff get in the way.

Diego Carlos is a brazilian Otamendi and Jose Gimenez has a worse injury-record than Kompany and Stones combined.

Koulibaly is the only suitable option for us. Fuck sakes they need to find a solution to this now.

You talk like 10m is nothing. That 10m saved will go towards other fees like his wages or other transfers. Let the experts deal with it. If it takes till the window closes, so be it

Unfortunately can't see that happening, sure he would have signed by now.

Maybe only Messi would change that chance and that looks less likely by the day.

Based on? His contract runs out in 2021, that's the only info we have.

Several ITKs here, if remember correctly, said the club would announce Peps extension but something came in between.

Once the transfer window is done, I think the club will announce Pep extending. He loves it here and said that several times, and he has a sick squad at his disposal. Why would he go to, say Juventus and start over, in an even worse league?

Bar the occasional few people with specific information this whole transfer forum is speculation or discussion of media speculation.

The issue with Aguero is injuries, his meniscus injury has kept him out since June. He no doubt would have helped us against Lyon but injuries have been an issue. We are going to face a condensed, intense season. What happens if Jesus gets injured?

I agree that the team is going through a degree of transition- the likes of Kompany, Silva, Yaya, Zabaleta have gone, Aguero leaves next summer. We have replaced Yaya with KDB, Zaba with Walker and we’ll see if Foden replaces Silva. We haven’t and need to replace Kompany.

FFP should be less of an issue this summer but for obvious reasons the market is flat. There may well be some last minute horse trading but I don’t expect us to get involved as we try and avoid panic buying.

As for an entitled fan base- City owe us nothing, all we can hope for is that the powers that be keep aiming high. The point of my post is that we have clear issues with our squad, as we did last year. I hope we take steps to rectify the problems. If we choose to buy replacements for Doncaster or Barcelona they’ll have my full support.

Sergio- we have been dealing with his injuries for years so nothing new on that front.

As I said previously the points mentioned are valid.

I don't see the squad issues myself - we have bought a winger and a centre back.

An additional CB would be welcome but it will not be the end of the world if we do not get KK or another.

Last year the team missed too many chances and conceded silly goals due to defensive errors.

Score more goals and concede less- simpiles.

I trust the team to improve this year with or without any new personal.

Several ITKs here, if remember correctly, said the club would announce Peps extension but something came in between.

Once the transfer window is done, I think the club will announce Pep extending. He loves it here and said that several times, and he has a sick squad at his disposal. Why would he go to, say Juventus and start over, in an even worse league?
He would go if his players no longer responded, we will find out in the coming weeks.

Lets see how we look at the end of the month, will give a good indication of the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.