It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recruitment this window has been blown off course by the weeks spent in the fruitless pursuit of Messi and in trying to prise Koulibaly from Napoli when we all know that De Laurentiis would give no ground over the fee. Foolish recruitment strategies from the start, both of them. The rebuild of our ageing squad should have been addressed before the first game of the season. Still time of course to bring new players in but there are serious squad weaknesses before we get our season up and running. We need at least 2 quality signings before the close of the window.

Fact or supposition on your part ?

remember that Liverpool didn't sign anyone until the week after their first game, probably shit a brick when they sneaked the 3 points relying on 2 penalties. I wouldn't be surprised if Mondays performance is what might get balls rolling

Think people need to appreciate the climate we are in a bit more. Clubs are losing money by the day and understandably are digging their heels in more than they usually would. They are doing this because them replacing certain players will be difficult too both in terms of finances and availability and the fact other clubs will be doing the same to them. Our "not gonna pay over the odds" transfer ethos may need to change just for this window as unprecidented times warrant unprecedented measures. Bournmouth were desperete after being relegated and Valencia are in real trouble financially. They couldn't afford to play games so sold to us quick. I think those deals have set a bar though for peoples expectations but they were done under very specific circumstances and that was why we got them done quick. Deals will come but I have a feeling we will se them a few days before the window closes as clubs will start to buckle in negotiations as time starts to run out to bring cash in.

With no crowds and restricted money from tv and sponsorship at the moment many clubs would welcome €60 million from a source that can afford it no problem. They are going to hold out for more as they know we have it. But nearer the window closing I'm sure that they will take it as options close down. I think this is true of all our transfer targets. Overpay and get them now or wait for a couple of weeks and see how receptive the seller is. We got a couple of good transfers done early in any case.

Just got to hope and pray that we are not 9 points behind,by the time it closes though eh

remember that Liverpool didn't sign anyone until the week after their first game, probably shit a brick when they sneaked the 3 points relying on 2 penalties. I wouldn't be surprised if Mondays performance is what might get balls rolling

I'm just hoping Wolves are as shit as they were in Europe & we get 3 points, however we do it.

Think people need to appreciate the climate we are in a bit more. Clubs are losing money by the day and understandably are digging their heels in more than they usually would. They are doing this because them replacing certain players will be difficult too both in terms of finances and availability and the fact other clubs will be doing the same to them. Our "not gonna pay over the odds" transfer ethos may need to change just for this window as unprecidented times warrant unprecedented measures. Bournmouth were desperete after being relegated and Valencia are in real trouble financially. They couldn't afford to play games so sold to us quick. I think those deals have set a bar though for peoples expectations Deals will come but I have a feeling we will se them a few days before the window closes as clubs will start to buckle in negotiations as time starts to run out to bring cash in.
The apex predator should prosper in an environment like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.