It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Foden will grow into the Silva role (if he ever gets the chance) and Bernardo can do the job to some degree if he regains his form.

To me the biggest reason we are less effective is that we play inverted wingers who are always coming inside and as a result our only width comes from FBs who aren't really suited to attacking positions. Too much responsibility for our creativity is thus falling on CBs, DM and FBs, instead of on our actual creative players.

Halle fucking lujah! Your 2nd paragraph. I accept inverted wingers is a useful tactic, used to change the course of a game. But to use it every game it then becomes the norm and teams prepare for it.

...and I thought it was explained by @projectriver that the club can't pay Messi through other sources as that would be a blatant breach of FFP rules.

The "Messi Money" isn't some magical outside source of money unrelated to the club, it's the amount of money the club has predicted they can pay for Messi through his marketability and the boost in revenue he would provide. I imagine the club does these calculations for every player they have interest in, which is where they arrive on the fees limits they will pay. Messi's earning potential for the club dwarfs every other player in the world, and hence the money he would generate for the club through new and current sponsors is the "Messi Money". It's not some box of pirate treasure buried under the south stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.