It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care about the fee and would be delighted to have him. It obviously signals that at least one of our big guns (Bernado?) is leaving.

Are Villa fans going to wave fake money at him when we play them next?

Bernie seems the most obvious, given stories that he wants to go. Mahrez does not want to leave and I don't Sterling does but both of them are players that don't deal well with not starting regularly.

If JG does get signed, I can see him taking game time from Gundo but Foden, Torres and Gabby will be pushing for wing time.

Mind you, when we could easily end up playing the best part of 60 games again, there's plenty of potential game time to go round.

I feel like one day we may need to move to less senior players and more, very talented, kids in the squad. Need to do the quad first ;-)

Well Arsenal look like they going to spend 50m on a ok defender so 100m for an England international where all the media thinks he should start every game and world class is cheap
Media will be now be describing him as 100 millon for an england squad player.

I know Bernardo leaving has nothing to do with Grealish arriving and that iit is possibly down to Bernardo that he is leaving (If it is true) but that change in the squad weakens us imho....Grealish just isnt as good as Bernardo Silva....Seen very little of Grealish to make me believe that he is a world class player...and thats what we should be aiming for not steady premierships players which is what Grealish is for me at present.
I think he will be a fabulous addition to our squad. He is a totally different kind of player to bernardo as well. It will be interesting to see how Pep uses him, but for me he seems th perfect kind of Pep player. Always wants the ball, very comfortable with the ball at his feet surrounded by players, creative, hard working and still young so will learn so much from Pep and the likes of Kev.

A centre forward with a swarm of four from:

Grealish, foden, Sterling, Mahrez, gundo, KDB, Silva

That’s a defensive nightmare for opposition next year, a real fluid, non positional attacking force - we are going to see some high levels of defensive confusion following that around the pitch.

I wouldnt even try to work out a formation with those options as there simply will be no formation it will be movement of the line never seen before - I think pep is building something new again

And this holds even is silva leaves due to the weather !

I am also on the fence, to me he is very overrated and would have laughed if United is spending 90-100m on him.
One thing how he is playing for a mid table Villa with zero pressure to deliver results and another thing to play for City where teams happily spend 90 minutes of parking the bus when they face us unlike when they play villa.

Some are are so convinced saying he is a big upgrade but is he really? Is he better than the player he will replace in the first eleven? for 100m he should be way ahead of that person but is he?

Lots reporting this now, so there's probably credibility to these reports.

Might be a smokescreen for Isco though.
It's a smokescreen for Isco or Txiki's other favourite player in Oyarzabal

I am also on the fence, to me he is very overrated and would have laughed if United is spending 90-100m on him.
One thing how he is playing for a mid table Villa with zero pressure to deliver results and another thing to play for City where teams happily spend 90 minutes of parking the bus when they face us unlike when they play villa.

Some are are so convinced saying he is a big upgrade but is he really? Is he better than the player he will replace in the first eleven? for 100m he should be way ahead of that person but is he?
Totally agree, don’t think he’s needed and I’m not sure where he fits in. He’s no David Silva anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.