It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he will be a fabulous addition to our squad. He is a totally different kind of player to bernardo as well. It will be interesting to see how Pep uses him, but for me he seems th perfect kind of Pep player. Always wants the ball, very comfortable with the ball at his feet surrounded by players, creative, hard working and still young so will learn so much from Pep and the likes of Kev.
Fair enough I just dont see it...He is a deecnt player dont get me wrong, but I wouldnt say he is anything special...maybe Pep can get that next level out of him...
People go on about his dribbling but he just seems to end up on his arse a lot and getting a lot of fouls....(that will stop one he pulls on a blue top!)

I am also on the fence, to me he is very overrated and would have laughed if United is spending 90-100m on him.
One thing how he is playing for a mid table Villa with zero pressure to deliver results and another thing to play for City where teams happily spend 90 minutes of parking the bus when they face us unlike when they play villa.

Some are are so convinced saying he is a big upgrade but is he really? Is he better than the player he will replace in the first eleven? for 100m he should be way ahead of that person but is he?
But which player is he replacing in the 1st eleven (not that we actually have a 1st eleven as such). It's not Bernado if he really wants to go to Spain as he'd go regardless.

Fair enough I just dont see it...He is a deecnt player dont get me wrong, but I wouldnt say he is anything special...maybe Pep can get that next level out of him...
People go on about his dribbling but he just seems to end up on his arse a lot and getting a lot of fouls....(that will stop one he pulls on a blue top!)
I think with Villa he is 'head and shoulders' ;) above everyone else they have. Teams know to target him and stop grealish and stop villa. Normally takes 2 or 3 players to do it as well. Now transfer him into a team where he is surrounded by similar if not better players, he will hopefully move to another level.

Time will tell.

I think with Villa he is 'head and shoulders' ;) above everyone else they have. Teams know to target him and stop grealish and stop villa. Normally takes 2 or 3 players to do it as well. Now transfer him into a team where he is surrounded by similar if not better players, he will hopefully move to another level.

Time will tell.
Yeh 3 players,on grealish , 3 players on foden , 3 on kdb be loads of space!:)

But which player is he replacing in the 1st eleven (not that we actually have a 1st eleven as such). It's not Bernado if he really wants to go to Spain as he'd go regardless.
as Pep proved in the CL final, there's no point predicting a first eleven because he'll shit the bed if he wants to. Some games Grealish would play Bernie's role, some Kev's, some Gundogan's so he plays deeper so we aren't reliant on Dinho at his age, sometimes he'll play in the front 3. Who knows, knowing Pep he'll either be an inverted LB or the false 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.