It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need more than one mate.

Ah, I thought you were maybe asking for a friend.

Not sure there has been much firm interest in left backs, other than the guessed Nuno Mendes and Goosens links. Not sure anyone else is really standing out otherwise.

Ah, I thought you were maybe asking for a friend.

Not sure there has been much firm interest in left backs, other than the guessed Nuno Mendes and Goosens links. Not sure anyone else is really standing out otherwise.
Think it would be entirely dependant on Mendy, suspect we’ll keep Mendy for a year and look at left back and Fernandinho replacements next summer.

For me it's not about a shiny new toy. I love these players, they've given us so much but ultimately I think the club needs to evolve and freshen up to ensure we remain competitive at the top.

Bernardo clearly wants to leave, he's spent a year isolated, he might be on great money but he wants to play in a sunnier climate.

I think Jesus is the one I have sympathy for. He works hard and is very likeable but it just hasn't worked here. The club will sign Kane and he's got a Brazil XI to try and cement his place in.

I think they're the two who will move, and like I say, for both them and the evolution of the club I think we'll be stronger for it.
Great reply and well thought out thank you.

Major moves at exorbitant cost for two English players, if true, implies to me that the long suspected changes to the foreign player quotas may be in the offing.

It would explain £80m for Maguire.
Unlike the guy I go with (who is retired) I don’t follow the Academy players too much beyond what he tells me and the odd bit I pick up on here. My perception is we have moved away from too many foreign kids in there. United would have had a definite advantage over us in terms of more local talent. That was a big worry (a foreign quota) in a way to trip us up over the scum and dippers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.