It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really get this - if we lose Aguero and Bernado and replace them with Kane and Grealish, I think it's a step down in quality.

I get the shiny and new and English thing, and that Aguero didn't play much last season, but I don't buy in to this idea that we're getting massive upgrades to our squad.

If anything, the starting 11 is going to look weaker on paper next season that it has since Pep's first season.

yeah maybe if it was 2 season ago Sergio and Bernard stat wise last 18 months are not great Kane and Grealish would improve us star wise from last season! Now if it was Sterling Mahrez leaving you would have a very good point..

I don't really get this - if we lose Aguero and Bernado and replace them with Kane and Grealish, I think it's a step down in quality.

I get the shiny and new and English thing, and that Aguero didn't play much last season, but I don't buy in to this idea that we're getting massive upgrades to our squad.

If anything, the starting 11 is going to look weaker on paper next season that it has since Pep's first season.
We can' get massive upgrades though, we have one of if not the best squad in europe. Just staying at the same level is an achievement while refreshing. Think Grealish and Kane for Bernardo and Aguero is doing that, especially taking last seasons Aguero into account.

Not sure about last sentence mate.
Back 5 is possibly best we’ve had since Peps arrival. Supported by some of the best attacking talent in Europe I’d say we are potentially going to be at our strongest in years. That’s if we make the signings talked about of course.
I mean, it’s very subjective either way as both your and my opinions suggest.

A starting XI of Ederson, Walker, Stones, Dias, Zinchenko, Rodri, De Bruyne, Foden, Grealish, Sterling & Kane looks pretty fucking good to me!
Yeh I never disputed it looks good.

I'm just saying it doesn't look as good as Ederson, Walker, Stones, Kompany, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Silva, DeBruyne, Sané, Sterling & Aguero.

Varane is one of those I’ve always just assumed is class because he was so early on - I remember his debut against us in 2012 (I was there, what a day!) and he was great.

Has he gone that downhill that Madrid are open to getting rid despite Ramos going too?!

I'm just saying it doesn't look as good as Ederson, Walker, Stones, Kompany, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Silva, DeBruyne, Sané, Sterling & Aguero.

but we cant help that players wanted to leave etc? You have to go with what you can go with at the time? Sergio imo wont play have the season in spain as i think as he gets older he will get even more muscle type injuries than he had with us?

Not sure about last sentence mate.
Back 5 is possibly best we’ve had since Peps arrival. Supported by some of the best attacking talent in Europe I’d say we are potentially going to be at our strongest in years. That’s if we make the signings talked about of course.
I mean, it’s very subjective either way as both your and my opinions suggest.
Well when you actually analyse it man for man, a lot of the players are obviously the same, but when you look at the replacements:

Kompany - Dias
Fernandinho - Rodri
Sané - Mahrez
David Silva - Grealish
Aguero - Kane

I think you'd be hard-pressed to argue the replacements are upgrades.

Christ, we should have won the lot with that team.
We pretty much did ;-)

Think my biggest disappointment as a City fan post 2008 was losing that CL tie to Tottenham.

We were the best team in Europe that season, no question about it. Had VAR been in play, we'd have gone through and likely ended up with the quadruple. Fine margins and all that.

Yeah true but last season we were 2 games away from winning the lot! I just worry about when Pep leaves because that’s when our high standards and trophy haul will slow down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.