It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
That actually wasn't my point.

My point was that on paper the starting 11 next season looks the weakest since his first season. i.e. his first season was weaker, but next season could be the next weakest.
Yeah, I still disagree but like I said it’s all subjective isn’t it.
I think next seasons team could be our most successful yet.

This is a good comparison but I don't think it's fair. The players on the left obviously have declined with age. So here's what I'd like to see, who was/is available who you'd have got or would like to get instead?

Peak Aguero vs peak Kane I choose Aguero. But that's a different era, may as well be comparing Kane and Pele. Aguero next season or Kane next season, I choose Kane.
I'm not necessarily saying they're poor signings.

But my initial post was challenging the idea that we'd somehow be unstoppable with these two signings. I don't see it.

They're decent players, but they're no better than what we've had over the last few years.

If we were signing Mbappe and Messi, I'd get the hype. But Kane and Grealish won't be better than peak Aguero and Silva, in fact they'll be nowhere near as good.

But my initial post was challenging the idea that we'd somehow be unstoppable with these two signings. I don't see it.

They're decent players, but they're no better than what we've had over the last few years.

If we were signing Mbappe and Messi, I'd get the hype. But Kane and Grealish won't be better than peak Aguero and Silva, in fact they'll be nowhere near as good.
Now that last sentence I fully agree with but i don’t think they will need to be due to the talent surrounding them.

You may have to accept that we might never get peak Aguero and Silva players. There’s potential but that’s a lot to live up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.