It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to believe Pep about not getting a striker due to the prices. Torres also mentioned in an interview that Aguero had helped him to learn about the striker position and that he never thought he would play there but he enjoyed it. We all know paying huge amounts isn't a City thing to do and the prices for the top Strikers are a madness. Maybe we aren't prepared to gamble with the amounts of money being asked for players at the moment.

I'm starting to believe Pep about not getting a striker due to the prices. Torres also mentioned in an interview that Aguero had helped him to learn about the striker position and that he never thought he would play there but he enjoyed it. We all know paying huge amounts isn't a City thing to do and the prices for the top Strikers are a madness. Maybe we aren't prepared to gamble with the amounts of money being asked for players at the moment.
I just can't see us not signing a striker during this window. I am sure we wouldn't have announced so early that Kun was leaving, if we didn't have replacements in mind. Pep did say months ago that we wouldn't pay some of the prices being mentioned for targets. Khaldoon also said a replacement for Sergio was a priority, and he is someone that usually keeps things close to his chest, unless again we didn't have targets in mind.

of course they are , we have too many good ones to please everyone but you dont just leave out players of this quality , pep rotates but doesnt play these two enough imo
Bernardo started regularly in all our important games, he is valued. Laporte is too but you don't just break rhythm of a good centre half partnership in Stones and Dias.

Torres is 50/50 for me at present, I can't work him out. Never looks hungry enough in games, a passenger most of the time. There is a very talented player in there, but it's entirely up to him to show it consistently

I just can't see us not signing a striker during this window. I am sure we wouldn't have announced so early that Kun was leaving, if we didn't have replacements in mind. Pep did say months ago that we wouldn't pay some of the prices being mentioned for targets. Khaldoon also said a replacement for Sergio was a priority, and he is someone that usually keeps things close to his chest, unless again we didn't have targets in mind.
They'll have charts showing multiple potential targets, replacements and youth players in every position for several seasons in advance. It will be updated as the situation changes. These guys don't leave things to chance.

Torres/Jesus/Delap could do for another season if it gets too difficult to get Kane. As long as we do get in Grealish

I agree with you about wanting a striker I prefer us playing with one. I just get the feeling we should lower our expectations about who it will be. I can't shake the feeling that we may get someone like Grealish and then try someone like Torres up top or get a cheap striker that will make Bluemoon explode when he signs. Personally I don't care which striker it is as long as we get one. Everything you said is right though.

Torres/Jesus/Delap could do for another season if it gets too difficult to get Kane. As long as we do get in Grealish
I would be very surprised if we went with just those three to cover our striker position, especially as it has been mentioned by the hierarchy that a replacement for Aguero was a priority.

We know all too well what happens if we do not re-invest in our squad, after winning the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.