It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could get him but on Riaola's terms and they are probably totally unacceptable to us and Chelsea by the sounds of it.

No club is going to invest 150m plus and be told to insert a sell on clause in the contract.
No, they aren’t, not this summer, even next the clause will still be difficult with Riaolas conditions and fees.
If he has any sense he’s either reign in or get rid of Riaola, he doesn’t need him imo to get himself a good deal, just limits his options.

Agree with this, some flashes of real brilliance so far for us and for Spain.

He doesn’t get involved enough in the game though and that’s something he really needs to improve on, particularly if he has ambitions of being the next Aguero. Looking forward to seeing how he kicks on but we would be daft to rely on him alone next season. A striker is essential; Pep is bluffing.
People forget unlike Foden who has been brought up at the club, close to home with his family around him....Torres is young away from family and friends, in a different country, asked to play in an unfamiliar position alot of the time.....and did pretty well.

No, they aren’t, not this summer, even next the clause will still be difficult with Riaolas conditions and fees.
If he has any sense he’s either reign in or get rid of Riaola, he doesn’t need him imo to get himself a good deal, just limits his options.
He will make him and his father very rich, a lot of people are motivated by money.

Torres is the most exciting part of the new season for me. He could be a future Balon D’Or winner for me. Disclaimer below.

*I said the same about Sanė. Attitude was the problem. Odd to think we probably got the best years out of him. Sad really.

Not wishing to self-invite a pile on, but I'm genuinely baffled as to what everyone is seeing in Torres that makes them think he could be a future Balon D'Or winner. He's neither slow nor fast (as far as I can see), he doesn't strike me as being particularly robust, and in the 12 months I've seen him at City to date you could count the number of times he's beaten an opponent for either speed or skill on the fingers of one hand, plus he's drifted out of games on multiple occasions.
He's done reasonably well for a young lad away from home for the first time, he's shown himself to be a calm and tidy finisher, and there's clearly grounds for believing he can step it up another level next season, but future Balon D'Or winner? Based on what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.