It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can scrabble about in google to find as much bad journalism as you like but I’ll never agree with your weird notion (that European Champion Yaya Toure & World Champion David Silva were unknown rejects).
You might have missed seeing them on the national and International stage but many of us took an interest in the World Cup and Champions League and all the major clubs in Europe were fully aware of how good both Toure and Silva famously were, long before we signed either.

PS. I was nearly convinced by your comparing them to Willy Caballero. .

PPS. No I wasn’t :-)
I went to Valencia in 2008 and went to a match there. Not a big follower of Spanish football (didn't have Sky), but they had two players I'd heard of. Took an opportunity to watch them closely, as they'd been linked with the PL, even though I knew we couldn't afford them.

One was some chubby centre forward called David Villa. Looked dangerous on the ball, but too slow and lazy for the PL. Other was a winger called David Silva who was ok, but nothing special and would get smashed to bits in England.

And that's why I didn't get that job as a football scout.

In fairness, I did notice that Atletico, who Valencia were playing, brought on some kid who looked ok. Sergio something or other. Scored a nice goal, but too short for England. Suspect he could have done a decent job for a Spanish side if he got the chance.

The idea that Silva and Toure were unknown mainly came from the gobshite plastic Everton fan on TalkShite who said he'd never heard of them. Presume he was on the wind up about us wasting money but if he really hadn't heard of them, he should have been sacked for incompetence

So this article on City's website would indicate that Carson is still on the books officially, assuming it wasn't filmed months ago.

Good spot. He was rumoured to be staying, signing on a proper deal rather than a loan, just not seen an official announcement on the website

So this article on City's website would indicate that Carson is still on the books officially, assuming it wasn't filmed months ago.

Released by derby, and still think we have kept him around the club, Pep seems to like him and what he brings around the squad.

Maybe he can replace kiddo ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.