It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally respect your opinion but, both Grealish and Kane have performed in the PL - so Pep knows pretty much what he’s getting and he clearly sees lots of upside with Grealish. Haaland represents something of a risk - early doors he realistically would take time to settle etc but I’m sure he’d be a great signing although he may come here on a 3 year deal - a la Mbappe run it down and fuck off. Who knows. Felix I like as a player but he’s a massive risk and he could be brilliant but equally he could flop too - so I get you point about the lack of excitement but I guess we are spending big (potentially) and we are buying a level of predictability and certainty. If I was in Peps shoes being judged on immediate results - that’s what I’d do.
Lots of problems with the Haaland deal and as said I can totally see why the club would not want to get involved, and I was all for Kane pre Euro's, but what I saw was not good and a worry in my humble, he is not the player I though he was.

Grealish I simply don't get, don't like the way he constantly goes to ground, irritates the life out of me and he is far too talented to be doing it.

Felix is a risk but no more than Grealish and again to me he has far more natural talent, the sort of player that gets people off their seats with a moment of pure brilliance.

Time will tell but again as I have said, if we sign Kane and Grealish great, they get my full support but in the meantime there should be no issues about discussing strengths and weaknesses, it what a forum is here for.

Reactions: nmc
He'll most likely go Chelsea this season or he'll definitely have signed for someone else 22/23 season when his release clause is very low. It really feels that not getting Haaland would be such a costly mistake.
Sign Haaland with Delap to rotate and we should be sorted for next 10 years
By then there will be a new wonder kid

I would be pretty disappointed if we sold Jesus. I thought he was one of the few players that showed up in the champions league final. I think long term he could play well with Ferran as Jesus drifts right and Ferran takes up great positions centrally.

Still if he wants out, ther isn’t much point keeping him.

I like Gabbys work rate and attitude and think he’d be a loss but it must be tough as a striker sitting on the bench watching your team play without a striker? Maybe he’s figured it’s time to be numero uno somewhere and push on - he’s a World Cup place to cement.

Of course, when I saw him score on his full debut, I was like, 'here we go..."

Not disputing his talent but his sheer size and physicality makes him tough to deal with at his age level.

It is a very big jump to be relied upon as a the first choice back up when asked to mix it with perhaps bigger smarter defenders with equal physical stature.

Kane was sent to progress at Southend and Leicester on loan and the type of striker Delap is, think he would benefit from something similar maybe.
Fair points but what about say Haaland, is his physical maturity such that he was able to perform at whatever level (except of course against City) ?
I get the impression that Pep is completely resistent to anything other than buying players who have proved themselves at.top level.
Obviously he is right but in the absence of a true finisher even if he failed he would be in good company of last seasons striker performances that prompted false no 9 formations.

Quite. Pogba under a top class coach would be world class.
thankfully that wont happen at the swamp
Could be and I would agree.

He looked a class act at Juventus but it's gone very wrong at Trafford as it has for most of their recruits, thanks to Ole.

Could Arry to that to Dias?

when was the last time a team pushed up on City so high for that to realistically happen? enough to warrant spending 150 mil on the kid? sprinting into 40 yards of space and bundling over the CB is for teams that play AGIANST us, rather than us.

i want Haaland rather than Kane becasue i believe his finishing is on a par with Kane, and with him being 40 years younger, makes it a sound deal.

im not gonna go skriking if we get harry hotspur, but ill be looking at how Haaland does wherever he does go, with a pensive, wistful look in my eye.

Whilst that's obviously turned out for the best I still think the Pogba we see now would be a completely different Pogba had he come here and likely be lauded as one of the best in the business.
Thankfully utd have done what utd do so well and ruined another top player.

I’m not sure Pogba will ever be world class. He reminds me of Gerrard, incredibly talented, capable of wonderful crosses and passes and stunning goals but tactically indisciplined and positionally poor. You play him for his moments of genius and hope his talent out weighs his flaws. At the same time he will never control the midfield like Silva, Yaya or Vieira.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.