It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane took Laporte and Dias to the cleaners too at the start of last season, dragging both men into midfield.

Think that was the moment Pep decided Laporte wasn't preferred to Stones and Dias.
Yep that day when laporte followed kane and got the hook like point of no return but stones and dias gets dragged frequently too .

So where is the level playing field?

Fair points but what about say Haaland, is his physical maturity such that he was able to perform at whatever level (except of course against City) ?
I get the impression that Pep is completely resistent to anything other than buying players who have proved themselves at.top level.
Obviously he is right but in the absence of a true finisher even if he failed he would be in good company of last seasons striker performances that prompted false no 9 formations.

I think we also saw it with Rooney, a physical beast at 16, having ripped it up at youth level?

Haaland also looks a freak of nature from a physical point of view.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle with these type of players?

Able to dominate their age group, coupled with a lack of fear and natural talent, they shine bright but burn out before they are 28.

Delap has plenty of time on his side and Pep will do right by him.

Haaland is an interesting one, because against us, aside from dropping deep in the second half and creating their equaliser, we we able to expose his limitations in the press.

I’m not sure Pogba will ever be world class. He reminds me of Gerrard, incredibly talented, capable of wonderful crosses and passes and stunning goals but tactically indisciplined and positionally poor. You play him for his moments of genius and hope his talent out weighs his flaws. At the same time he will never control the midfield like Silva, Yaya or Vieira.
That was kind of my point, he will never be WC playing for utd but he'd have had a chance had he left Juve for footballing reason, ergo signing for us as opposed to image and financial reasons which sealed the deal for the rags.
Guess we will never know now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.