It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has super agent… friend to the stars…. John Barnes shared anymore pearls of wisdom regarding who should go where or stay put? So selfless of him to share his impartial and objective thoughts on what’s best for others careers… he did such a great job managing his own career after all… if you include his shambolic managerial career and his well documented financial collapse.

Anyone starting to get concerned at the lack of transfer action happening? - I thought things might start after the Euros but not much happening yet and not just at City.

I get that the players we have targeted are not easy to secure and have been away playing international football but I am hoping that, if we miss out on them, the club has a Ruben-like Plan C to bring in a new forward as I do not think that we can realistically rely on using similar attacking strategies to the season just gone.

I wonder if the club have set a date by which if we have not signed our primary targets we will move onto the third/fourth choice options.

Yeah I’m concerned…. Can’t decide whether to support Chelsea or Liverpool next season… Txiki out I say.

He may, but that might be for reasons our of his control.
If he was desperate for the move he could quite easily force Spurs hand but knowing it would leave a sour taste in the mouths of the fans who idolise him I doubt he will kick up a fuss.
This'll be a long drawn out affair I fear, which potentially leaves us without the player and scrambling around for a plan b late in the window.

Anyone starting to get concerned at the lack of transfer action happening? - I thought things might start after the Euros but not much happening yet and not just at City.

I get that the players we have targeted are not easy to secure and have been away playing international football but I am hoping that, if we miss out on them, the club has a Ruben-like Plan C to bring in a new forward as I do not think that we can realistically rely on using similar attacking strategies to the season just gone.

I wonder if the club have set a date by which if we have not signed our primary targets we will move onto the third/fourth choice options.
No, not in the slightest.

We get him at least Judge him over at least half a season with us.
Of course but i think its human nature to want better...or definitely the nature of football fans...I just happen to think that Kane isnt what we need despite his goal scoring stats....too slow and ponderous, doesnt press, not mobile or adaptable(one of the criticisms Kun got when pep first arrived - ie couldnt play in a mobile/fluent front 3)

I dont doubt he will score lots of goals...BUT i do doubt his ability to push us to the next level and keep us moving forward....He will dovery well against the average prem teambut against the better teams (PL and CL) Ive watched him continously throughout his time go missing and thats as a capt as well

He looks like he’s ageing quickly, injuries look like they’re catching up with him, just like Sergio, though Sergio still had a power run in him.
He’s slow, not sure anyone can disagree with that.
He also spends a large part of the game jogging around the pitch, jogging to press, half arsed most of the time, in the fact he hardly ever actually presses anyone, apart from when he try’s to cripple someone.
He drops deep, lays the ball off and when it breaks and ends up in the box, he ain’t there.
He doesn’t put a shift in over 90 minutes.
We’ve seen in every England game and you see it in Spurs games too.
He’s scores and everyone thinks he’s had a great game.
He may be only 28, but his all round game makes him look like a 32 year old.
fully agree

Of course but i think its human nature to want better...or definitely the nature of football fans...I just happen to think that Kane isnt what we need despite his goal scoring stats....too slow and ponderous, doesnt press, not mobile or adaptable(one of the criticisms Kun got when pep first arrived - ie couldnt play in a mobile/fluent front 3)

I dont doubt he will score lots of goals...BUT i do doubt his ability to push us to the next level and keep us moving forward....He will dovery well against the average prem teambut against the better teams (PL and CL) Ive watched him continously throughout his time go missing and thats as a capt as well
So why would we be interested ? I know if I thought all those things and saw he was our No. 1 target I'd at least stop and question whether I had the wrong opinion of him.
People keep saying about pushing us to the next level. There isn't a next level we are in the top level, may be a bit more room to improve at the level we are in, and that's all we are looking for,but there isn't a next level

At the end of the day we could play Torres and Jesus and probably still put up a great challenge for the title, we are buying a top striker for the BIG matches, and let's be honest how many genuine difficult games do we have a season, when the opposition is a genuine threat to us? Not many.

We need a striker who puts fear into the defences in those big games.

I am not sure Chiellini or Bonucci were having sleepless nights facing Harry Kane.
they had him in their pocket...in their mid 30's....he got nothing from them at all and it was so easy for them. He was poor throughout the tournament despite the media narrative trying to build him up....Sterling was a complete world apart from Kane throughout the tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.