It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think adding the premier league's best striker to us improves us from last season more than anyone else ihas improveds.It isn't just Peps choice thats's why we have a director of football.
Pep will be here at least 2 years maybe more, Kane at least 4, I won't worry now what happens in 2 or maybe 4 years.
We have no idea what expectations within the club are for Delap over the next few years.
Finally I use the evidence of the last 10 years to see we are run by serious and successful people, they will make nistakes, or do things that don't work out ,it's sport, they won't make stupid decisions though.
torres was the leagues best when he went to chelsea....what about Sanchez to utd ...both utter failures
Are you telling me that for instance if Pep didnt want someone that Txixi would go above him and get that player --- i dont think so....its a collective agreement.
We have to look long term- that is why utd have struggled after Ferguson...stuck with various players and managers who didnt fit each other.
Agreed on they make mistakes...I believe this is one....Just as Bravo for instance was one which loads of people called, Nolito another.....and loads before Pep arrived (bony for instance that loads called as well).....

Nowhere near in the same class as Haaland. He's a generational talent head and shoulders above anyone else out there. If rags, Chelsea or dippers land Haaland they'll win the league for sure

Hardly a generational talent, Mbappe was on the scene three seasons ago and nobody was talking about Haaland then.

Always a new gunslinger in town.

The level will keep on improving and we have to keep pace....Chelsea showed they are huge contenders in the second half of last season...utd will get stronger..Liverpool will improve solely with the return of VVD and I dont doubt they will get a player or two in.

If we dont improve or we stay still teams will eventually surpass us...Kane and Grealish dont improve us (esp if we lose Bernardo...). They are overrated ( and overpriced but that I dont care about).

Kane over Haaland seems to be for a number of reasons:

1. Pep wants someone to slot in straight away - not a project
2. there is a thought we dont want to deal with Raiola - both in terms of the person and the money we will need to give him.
3. Price --- Haaland seems to be more expensive (if the reports are true)

Id say this:

1. this is short term thinking....Pep will be here 2 seasons at most which seems to be the general thought of most - we will then have an ageing and even slower HK for another 2-3 seasons on extremely high wages and no re sale value - so we will be stuck with him and which will box us off from other options as well.
2. As people say, its not our money so we just have to accept that leaches like Raiola exist and we have to deal with them- it wont stop Chelsea and wont stop others....morals dont achieve anything in football (esp off the pitch).
3. Price - yes he is more expensive - for good reason...more longevity, has a resale value being two reasons.

Who else is going to go for Kane -he has said he wants out..yet all the other big teams arent sniffing around...none abroad, nor Liverpool or Utd (accepting he would never go to another London club)
Every single year, we get these kinds of posts. 'Waaaaaa! We're going to get surpassed, everyone's getting stronger while we're standing still!!!'

And yet, we're easily the most successful club domestically over the last 10 years. Not bad considering our chronic inertia.

torres was the leagues best when he went to chelsea....what about Sanchez to utd ...both utter failures
Are you telling me that for instance if Pep didnt want someone that Txixi would go above him and get that player --- i dont think so....its a collective agreement.
We have to look long term- that is why utd have struggled after Ferguson...stuck with various players and managers who didnt fit each other.
Agreed on they make mistakes...I believe this is one....Just as Bravo for instance was one which loads of people called, Nolito another.....and loads before Pep arrived (bony for instance that loads called as well).....
Guess we'll see, I have no worries. Assuming Haaland is a o go for whatever reasons, who would you buy as our centre forward ?

Guess we'll see, I have no worries. Assuming Haaland is a o go for whatever reasons, who would you buy as our centre forward ?
Haaland isnt a no go.....give them the money they want (or close to it) they will snap our hands off...they aint losing out on 100m+ no way.
Id actually rather go with what we have than sign Kane...it keeps us more fluid. We also have torres that it wouldnt be unreasonaable to suggest could play a bigger role...same with Foden this season. the long term potential negatives of HK are a concern.......and not just his fitness which will continue to deteriorate (and if his work rate and movement during the Euros are anything to go by he is nowhere near fit.

Sterling as only crap by his own very high standards which he has set previously for us....and he never goes missing even in crap performances - he still constantly shows for the ball no matter how many times he fails in a game (whether for England or us)....shows character.

Kanes record against the big 6 is poor by comparrison against the likes of Aguero over a long period of time in the prem league...Messi has scored more and he is in a different league altogether
"Never goes missing", that is a discussion for another thread.

So Kane isn't as good as Aguero despite playing for a team that at best finished 3rd in a two horse race in the past decade or Messi, may as well pack up the club then.

What is Haaland's record against the top 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.