It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put that sort of money in you'd have to issue shares. Which will have it's own ramifications. Remember, owner investment has FFP knock on effects, whereas 'borrowing' is fine and dandy.
Thanks mate - I did guess it would be along those lines. I wonder what the repayment terms/timeframe would be.

Borrow it, funds deposited, pay back in full following month. Ha

Thanks mate - I did guess it would be along those lines. I wonder what the repayment terms/timeframe would be.

Borrow it, funds deposited, pay back in full following month. Ha

I think the loan helps in solidifying the value of the CFG which will be important to the owners.

I believe that the terms are over 7 years so they'll be paying back a big chunk each year.

I think the loan helps in solidifying the value of the CFG which will be important to the owners.

I believe that the terms are over 7 years so they'll be paying back a big chunk each year.
Hi BS. It’s a huge statement of intent and a real pisser for the likes of Barca as, I assume from the media reports that most will go to expansion and consolidation and not to player purchases or to paying down debt. If so, presumably money from this loan that finds itself allocated to infrastructure projects for clubs in Europe is written off as far as any FFP calcs is concerned?

Hi BS. It’s a huge statement of intent and a real pisser for the likes of Barca as, I assume from the media reports that most will go to expansion and consolidation and not to player purchases or to paying down debt. If so, presumably money from this loan that finds itself allocated to infrastructure projects for clubs in Europe is written off as far as any FFP calcs is concerned?

Technically yes, infrastructure isn't included in FFP. However, the bigger picture is that the power brokers in Europe have a massive issue with the CFG and I'm under no illusions, had the owners put 650 million in from their own pockets to build a stadium in NYC, and build more CFG clubs across the world, the governing bodies would find a way to get involved.

Pardon my absolute ignorance on the finances of our great club but why would we need to 'borrow' cash? I'd have thought HRH Sheikh Mansour would have 650 million in a cup in the kitchen cupboard.

I'll leave it to the other financially-minded people on here to provide a possible explanation?

Maybe cash flow, says for further expansion plans, maybe we are going down the pan.

For context, United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal couldn't raise that much recently during for Covid loans.

Add it to the £475m collected from Silver Lake and City have a £1bn cash pile at present?

Hope we do get Sir Jack and Sir Harold… actually think it’s very astute. World Cup year ,bones of the England Squad … let’s see the change of attitude from refs and th PL trying to screw us with Walker, Stones ,Foden, Sterling , Grealish and Kane … basically half the team on board.

I believe that the terms are over 7 years so they'll be paying back a big chunk each year
I'll leave it to the other financially-minded people on here to provide a possible explanation?

Maybe cash flow, says for further expansion plans, maybe we are going down the pan.

For context, United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal couldn't raise that much recently during for Covid loans.

Add it to the £475m collected from Silver Lake and City have a £1bn cash pile at present?

Nice one. £1 billion. Wow.

Hopefully we put some of the pot aside for recruiting bar staff that can serve more than 1 pint in 15 minutes at half time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.