It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might tell my bosses on Monday that I am happy to stay and work in London. Should see me alright for a pay rise if Riyad can wangle one.

They surely don't need another £650m to build it, though?

The £475m raised by Silver Lake was expected to be used towards it and the concert arena.

Admittedly, buying and building in New York won't be cheap, but would like to think we can use some of this new money towards what matters to us - improving on the field at the Etihad!

Yankee stadium when it was rebuilt was one of the most expensive stadiums ever built at the time costing $2.3 billion. Think it holds around 45,000 people so hardly huge in size. Buying any land and then building on it in any part of New York I imagine will cost a lot of money so the £650 million figure being spoken about sounds very plausible for a new stadium.

I say fuck it off leave them where they are and go buy Haaland, Mbappe, Grealish, Kane and Messi instead.

Yankee stadium when it was rebuilt was one of the most expensive stadiums ever built at the time costing $2.3 billion. Think it holds around 45,000 people so hardly huge in size. Buying any land and then building on it in any part of New York I imagine will cost a lot of money so the £650 million figure being spoken about sounds very plausible for a new stadium.

I say fuck it off leave them where they are and go buy Haaland, Mbappe, Grealish, Kane and Messi instead.
I imagine the land might be a bit more expensive than the old Clayton Aniline chemical works!

Part of the refurb of the Bernabeu includes shops, hotels , restaurants and hotels, so I cannot see them wanting any of that not to be classed as revenue for ffp.

You can keep all the revenue created by anything relating to the stadium, footprint site.

What doesn't count towards FFP is the spending on the build :)

Which means if you have the money to do the build, you are in clover when you cut the ribbon.

You can keep all the revenue created by anything relating to the stadium, footprint site.

What doesn't count towards FFP is the spending on the build :)

Which means if you have the money to do the build, you are in clover when you cut the ribbon.
I understand that but people were saying they might try to change the rules.

We deliberately loaded some costs into last year, knowing this would be the summer to replace Sergio, which is why they held over the Sane money and we submitted accounts over 13 months - an additional £25m in salaries also.

There was also a loss due to the agreed TV money being reduced, but that will also add back extra millions during this next accounting year - as will hopefully crowds returning and the booking of season ticket monies.

Coupled this year with £72.5m in Champions League TV/prize money and £150m for winning the Premier League again - the club know we will make a profit even with a hefty transfer spend.

There is an additional £3m bonus to come for Sane winning the Bundesliga (up to a total fee of £52m in the years to come)

Leeds staying up this season also triggered a bonus to City re Harrison.

Love the way we roll.

Pardon my absolute ignorance on the finances of our great club but why would we need to 'borrow' cash? I'd have thought HRH Sheikh Mansour would have 650 million in a cup in the kitchen cupboard.

Like Man City are not reliant on our owner the football group to dont rely on him either it’s business run like a business! We have been self sufficient for the last 5/6 years!

It’s the media who peddle the bollocks of oh Man City have a bottomless pit we owned by a country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.