It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We deliberately loaded some costs into last year, knowing this would be the summer to replace Sergio, which is why they held over the Sane money and we submitted accounts over 13 months - an additional £25m in salaries also.

There was also a loss due to the agreed TV money being reduced, but that will also add back extra millions during this next accounting year - as will hopefully crowds returning and the booking of season ticket monies.

Coupled this year with £72.5m in Champions League TV/prize money and £150m for winning the Premier League again - the club know we will make a profit even with a hefty transfer spend.

There is an additional £3m bonus to come for Sane winning the Bundesliga (up to a total fee of £52m in the years to come)

Leeds staying up this season also triggered a bonus to City re Harrison.
The prize money we have earned from the PL/CL/domestic trophies since the takeover is one of the biggest and most overlooked issues by our most ill informed critics.
Pretty sure I read somewhere last year that we had already raked in around £1.5bn in prize money alone since 2008, and that’s before any commercial, sponsorship and ticket sales revenue. That doesn’t account for the season just gone. It dwarfs the original purchase price of the club and proves that investing in future success is a profitable business model.
I would love to see a detailed breakdown of total prize money earned since the takeover but not sure where to start with sources. There is a real story there for someone who is paid to do these things, if only they could be arsed. Maybe some of the lurking hacks might take up the challenge

Anyone

Anyone who watches football with a knowing eye can easily see that Haaland is a major talent. A think the team he moves to next will have acquired a huge asset. We can't at this stage be certain what path his career will follow but all indications point towards it been a very successful one. If he came to us I believe it would most likely secure our continued success for the immediate future. I can say with certainty the fee to secure his services will be in line with historic peaks. I for one would be very concerned should he end up with the rags or rent boys.

I’m not saying Haaland’s not a current talent and huge prospect, but the market (made up of the combined proven experts at the major clubs) doesn’t think he’s worth what’s being asked for him or he’d already be sold.

And I dont think he’ll be cheap next summer because Raiola will sell him at the maximum achievable price so that Raiola, Haaland and Haaland’s Dad all get their maximum possible return from the sale.

That’s also why I don’t think he’ll be sold this summer.
Why would he agree to a move now, when Dortmund can take what they like out of the sum received, when if he waits a year Dortmund get only £65million, or whatever, and Haaland, his agent and his Dad get the difference between that and his full achievable market value?

The prize money we have earned from the PL/CL/domestic trophies since the takeover is one of the biggest and most overlooked issues by our most ill informed critics.
Pretty sure I read somewhere last year that we had already raked in around £1.5bn in prize money alone since 2008, and that’s before any commercial, sponsorship and ticket sales revenue. That doesn’t account for the season just gone. It dwarfs the original purchase price of the club and proves that investing in future success is a profitable business model.
I would love to see a detailed breakdown of total prize money earned since the takeover but not sure where to start with sources. There is a real story there for someone who is paid to do these things, if only they could be arsed. Maybe some of the lurking hacks might take up the challenge
Someone should drop a line to Martin Samuels.He loves things like this.

They surely don't need another £650m to build it, though?

The £475m raised by Silver Lake was expected to be used towards it and the concert arena.

Admittedly, buying and building in New York won't be cheap, but would like to think we can use some of this new money towards what matters to us - improving on the field at the Etihad!
Is it maybe to do (partly) with the fact that the CFG have taken on half of the costs of the arena with Oak View now?

Last edited:
Someone should drop a line to Martin Samuels.He loves things like this.
You might think a dedicated City journalist like Brennan, Gaughan, Lee or Bajkowski would be all over it.
According to the MEN, albeit quoting unofficial sources, we will earn more than £218million in prize money for this season just finished alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.