It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is a comparison mental? Both world class forwards. Sterling has acheived far more than Mbappe in the club game so far (Ligue 1 nowhere near Premier League).

Just because Mbappe is easier on the eye, doesn't make him incomparable. He's got a long way to go before he's at that level.

I’m always amazed at how poorly Sterling is viewed in this country, on the continent they see him as the most dangerous English player and hold him in high regard

Listening to it now. Sounds like we are racking up huge debts which may or may not pay off in the future and COVID has made life difficult. Plus PL investigation not gone away.

Not all sweetness and light from Stefan.

Jeez, you could say that but it is still so good to hear his thoughts!

The thing that really surprised was that CFG as a whole have burnt so much of the Silver Lake cash and the change from one accounting year to another in the terms of the original deal and how it is documented to now include us paying c£12 million a year in interest on the cash. Then add the interest on the $650 loan. Clearly the big CFG picture s will have an impact on how much we actually go on to spend this summer.

The future? No worries - we'll go on to dominate the world and that appears to be the plan!

Are we going to see a change in playing style?
My feelings about Grealish and Kane aside, losing Bernardo and Jesus means we are losing two of our most high intensity players....esp when pressing.
All other arguments aside, kane and grealish do not have the same intensity as those 2. It strikes me that we may become slower and more methodical in the way we play....Mahrez already has this in him as well.

I’m always amazed at how poorly Sterling is viewed in this country, on the continent they see him as the most dangerous English player and hold him in high regard
With respect mate you only have to see my posts on sterling over the last 4 years to know that I don't fall into the bracket of not rating him.
I've backed him and praised him non stop and had more than a couple of fall outs when he's been under attack.
I think Mbappe is special. No big deal and nothing to do with how highly I rate Raheem.

Jeez, you could say that but it is still so good to hear his thoughts!

The thing that really surprised was that CFG as a whole have burnt so much of the Silver Lake cash and the change from one accounting year to another in the terms of the original deal and how it is documented to now include us paying c£12 million a year in interest on the cash. Then add the interest on the $650 loan. Clearly the big CFG picture s will have an impact on how much we actually go on to spend this summer.

The future? No worries - we'll go on to dominate the world and that appears to be the plan!
Yes it was an eye opener.

I think we were well on our way and if COVID is under control soon we still will. If it isn’t god knows.

and so we inevitably arrive at the stage where everyone recognising that the squad needs replenishing, replacements for departing players needed, improvements added, etc. is a flapper and all those thinking that because we won the league last season we can afford to stick; happy clapper super fans.

With respect mate you only have to see my posts on sterling over the last 4 years to know that I don't fall into the bracket of not rating him.
I've backed him and praised him non stop and had more than a couple of fall outs when he's been under attack.
I think Mbappe is special. No big deal and nothing to do with how highly I rate Raheem.

It was a general comment, not aimed at anyone individually mate

and so we inevitably arrive at the stage where everyone recognising that the squad needs replenishing, replacements for departing players needed, improvements added, etc. is a flapper and all those thinking that because we won the league last season we can afford to stick; happy clapper super fans.
I just don't get those who are seemingly happy to go into next season hamstrung by a lack of signings. If we don't buy a couple of top quality additions when a few of our squad are seemingly ready to leave if the right offers come in then next season is going to be a long hard slog.
We would be the only team standing still in the title race that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.