It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
He couldn’t play for us he would face to many low blocks.

even the lower teams vs psg, or if he went to Madrid dont low block like the premier league does against us.
Of course he could play for City, his pace and general ability would frighten defenders in the PL and he would score a bucket load imo.

Tolm, it's $650m not £650m.

Having just listened to @projectriver (stefan) on an excellent 93.20 pod with @BillyShears (Ahsan) it seems CFG have burnt cash in big numbers due big operational expenses and the impact of Covid on the group.

The Delta variant and the huge growth in number and the potential knock-on impact on 21/22 revenue is a far bigger consideration that it was, say, 1 month ago and that maybe has an impact on our plans.

FWIW he thinks the Grealish transfer is madness and that is more to do with the general state of play re £££ than a comment about his potential playing ability.

Just saying :) Time will tell...
Listening to it now. Sounds like we are racking up huge debts which may or may not pay off in the future and COVID has made life difficult. Plus PL investigation not gone away.

Not all sweetness and light from Stefan.

Some teams will pay £50m for an England squad member. Laporte was a regular starter for Spain, Jesus starts for Brazil and Bernardo a regular for Portugal. Also, Jesus and Bernardo are creative players / goalscorers and I was always told that forwards cost more than defenders. City's men in charge have done alright so far so why do you not trust them this time round?

It’s some weird world where city fans are happy that a Brazil starting forward could leave the club.

I like the guy, think he is a great player and adds more than most think - maybe that it doesn’t come across on tv but the work he puts in is immense and his goal scoring ratio isn’t actually that bad at all.

It’s either a sign that city fans are becoming entitled in the way we always used to accuse united fans of being or we have moved on way way more than we could ever have imagined. Not too sure which one it is to be honest.

Every club had racked up debts to some degree. We will be no different but we are most likely in a position to sustain these losses.

I doubt think sustain is the right way of describing it, but yes I think we are in a subtly better position to ride the turmoil and survive the impact of the past 18 months without longer lasting financial issues (which is where we will see the impact on other clubs).

It’s a little like the 2008 financial crisis and the impact on banks, some will suffer a lot and spend years recovering, some will restructure everything, some will ride the wave and be ok.

It’s some weird world where city fans are happy that a Brazil starting forward could leave the club.

I like the guy, think he is a great player and adds more than most think - maybe that it doesn’t come across on tv but the work he puts in is immense and his goal scoring ratio isn’t actually that bad at all.

It’s either a sign that city fans are becoming entitled in the way we always used to accuse united fans of being or we have moved on way way more than we could ever have imagined. Not too sure which one it is to be honest.

I hope Jesus stays but not as our main C/F. I think his ability to beat people out wide and his work rate offer our team so much. If he could just stop drifting off side.

At the same time though - what's the point of Jesus if he's not getting selected by Pep when we had a permanently crocked Aguero and no other option at number 9? If he was a viable starting option last season, why was Pep playing midfielders as a false 9 instead of him?

There's arguments you have him stay and play as a winger, but we have Sterling, Mahrez, Foden and Torres who are all better than him there. Add Grealish to that list too if he signs.

I like and rate Gabby and it will be sad to see him go, but the squad doesn't suffer in his absence.

As soon as Kane is signed it's very much a depature we can live with. I'd personally like to see Delap being given a go as a backup option rather than prolonging Jesus' envitable exit, because, as you said, he's a starting forward for Brazil, and clearly not going to be happy continuing to be a reserve player. He needs the move for his own sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.