It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of things
1. Your concerned over rumours and hearsay, worry about facts

2. Fans opinions of players will always be a mixed bag, so wouldn't fret over that.

3. Rivals have to catch up before they can go ahead. Let's see where we are towards Aug.

4. You keep mentioning Haaland as if to say whoever gets him will be fav. This is nonsense.

No insults there, just an honest view of your post.
Thanks for your measured response

1. history shows we won't match our rivals when it comes to the big players, be that Hazard/ Jorginho (agent fee), Sanchez (wages) or the actual transfer fee with VVD. These have been our top targets and we've shown we won't pay above our valuation, which has worked well for us in past in th pe most part, but to replace a club legend striker in the current market we will have to spend big and outbid our rival

2. I'm not fretting over the opinions of fans, my opinion isn't that Grealish doesn't improve our starting 11 and perhaps only marginally improves our squad as we're already loaded in that position. Could even mean less game time for Phil and block some kids coming through our academy.

3. Agree but the gap between them and us isn't as big as many appear to believe.

4. If Haaland signs for Chelsea they will win the league at a canter, they are defensively sound, full of self belief, create loads of chances, adding one of, if not the best number 9 in the world will seal the deal for them

Last edited:
Not yet 0800 and the flapometer is off the scale for some.

Chill, the sun is out and still plenty of time to conclude business.
Yep, I'll be sat outside in about a hour, off and on here relaxing and waiting for some good news which will come at some point over the next few weeks.

No stress no problem.

Couple of things
1. Your concerned over rumours and hearsay, worry about facts

2. Fans opinions of players will always be a mixed bag, so wouldn't fret over that.

3. Rivals have to catch up before they can go ahead. Let's see where we are towards Aug.

4. You keep mentioning Haaland as if to say whoever gets him will be fav. This is nonsense.

No insults there, just an honest view of your post.
I think there is evidence from the last month of the season that Chelsea may be catching up quickly would not like to see them land that chap.

But fans tend to be either worriers or chilled out cats. The exchanges between these groups make up most of the posts on the forum. ME well I just to flip flop between them.

1. history shows we won't match our rivals when it comes to the big players, be that Hazard/ Jorginho (agent fee), Sanchez (wages) or the actual transfer fee with VVD. These have been our top targets and we've shown we won't pay above our valuation, which has worked well for us in past but to replace a club legend striker in the current market we will have to spend big and outbid our rival

2. I'm not fretting over the opinions of fans, my opinion isn't that Grealish doesn't improve our starting 11 and perhaps only marginally improves our squad as we're already loaded in that position. Could even mean less game time for Phil and block some kids coming through our academy.

3. Agree but the gap between them and us isn't as big as many appear to believe.

4. If Haaland signs for Chelsea they will win the league at a canter, they are defensively sound, full of self belief, create loads of chances, adding one of, if not the best number 9 in the world will seal the deal for them
Khaldoon has said we will replace Sergio, let's see who we sign before saying history is against us. It doesn't imo have to be a word ie, as long as the net effect on the team makes it so.

My point 2 also applies to you as well. Do you honestly believe we would break our transfer record for a squad player?

Your final point about Chelsea winning at a canter is nonsense, over a 50 plus game season, anything can, and usually does happen.

I think it's almost a certainty that Laporte will be pushing for a move to Spain with his new nationality and being out of favour as aour first choice centre back. Luckliy Barca don't have a pot to piss in, not that this will stop them, but we better not get lured into a shitty swap deal for one of the Madrid or Barca offcasts. Perhaps Laporte should be converted to that World class left back we need.
Breaking news, Laporte seals deal to Barcelona in swap deal bringing Eric Garcia back to the Etihad
But this is our chance to finally land Isco

1. history shows we won't match our rivals when it comes to the big players, be that Hazard/ Jorginho (agent fee), Sanchez (wages) or the actual transfer fee with VVD. These have been our top targets and we've shown we won't pay above our valuation, which has worked well for us in past in th pe most part, but to replace a club legend striker in the current market we will have to spend big and outbid our rival

3 weeks before the start of the season, all major players still on holiday, none of our major rivals have shown their hands.

Chill out and relax, things are under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.