It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol there aren't salary caps in Prem and the models are entirely different in how they operate. They can't treat and keep Grealish like they did with Giannis.
Lol. Thanks for the education on the model. Im
Sure you know they can offer hometown talent more money as an incentive to stay. Kinda exactly like they did with Giannis. Kinda like what they might do with Jack. Also, kinda like how we back out when there is over the top wage demands right?

Lol. Thanks for the education on the model. Im
Sure you know they can offer hometown talent more money as an incentive to stay. Kinda exactly like they did with Giannis. Kinda like what they might do with Jack. Also, kinda like how we back out when there is over the top wage demands right?
That's wishful thinking alright. They have loads other financial obligations and if they're not competing in Europe bumping up those wages isn't as simple. Transfers change it all up init. But I'm sure you know that already. It's pure assumption to think owners of a successful NBA team can operate the same way in football and be equally successful. You would also know of Kroenke as another owner, albeit not NBA, but successful in one sporting venture while absolutely flip flopping when it comes to Arsenal.

That's wishful thinking alright. They have loads other financial obligations and if they're not competing in Europe bumping up those wages isn't as simple. Transfers change it all up init. But I'm sure you know that already. It's pure assumption to think owners of a successful NBA team can operate the same way in football and be equally successful. You would also know of Kroenke as another owner, albeit not NBA, but successful in one sporting venture while absolutely flip flopping when it comes to Arsenal.
It’s not pure assumption. Wes Enders and Nassef took the club over because they believed it was a big club that would be restored with financial investment. They’re playing the long game like we did. They’re nothing like the Kronkes or the Glazers. Overpaying for Jack and getting them back into Europe is the better long play value than selling him for 100m. It won’t destroy their wage structure either if they do. It also doesn’t look good for the projects image. I’m sure it’s close to a toss up and post the reasons why it’s not a ‘done deal’

It’s not a Delph situation. FWIW I want Jack to come and hope it comes off.

It’s not pure assumption. Wes Enders and Nassef took the club over because they believed it was a big club that would be restored with financial investment. They’re playing the long game like we did. They’re nothing like the Kronkes or the Glazers. Overpaying for Jack and getting them back into Europe is the better long play value than selling him for 100m. It won’t destroy their wage structure either if they do. It also doesn’t look good for the projects image. I’m sure it’s close to a toss up and post the reasons why it’s not a ‘done deal’

It’s not a Delph situation. FWIW I want Jack to come and hope it comes off.
I'm not denying their ambitions at all. But you also forget right after promotion they spent over 100m and almost got relegated (in fairness should have been if not for VAR wonders). They survive and renew Jack's contract, but they can't afford to do that again. If Jack wants to go now they'd be smart to cash in and keep reinvesting into top prospects, because lets be real Grealish is good but he alone can't get them into Europe, the competition is too high and despite how shite some 'top 4-6' clubs are sometimes they usually claim those spots in table come end of season. Putting a player on 250K per week and finishing 8th or below again would be a disaster for Villa, and it's very likely it can happen again. Then they'd only have further problems, not just losses, over other players having demands, having to rush changes across the board etc.

Agree it's not same as Delph, he jumped a sinking ship. It's different but still risky. Just talking from their pov really, could still renew and see it play out well obviously. And in either case, same as majority here, I want him to join us, but if he doesn't it wouldn't be chaos, barely anyone would be arsed.

I'm not denying their ambitions at all. But you also forget right after promotion they spent over 100m and almost got relegated (in fairness should have been if not for VAR wonders). They survive and renew Jack's contract, but they can't afford to do that again. If Jack wants to go now they'd be smart to cash in and keep reinvesting into top prospects, because lets be real Grealish is good but he alone can't get them into Europe, the competition is too high and despite how shite some 'top 4-6' clubs are sometimes they usually claim those spots in table come end of season. Putting a player on 250K per week and finishing 8th or below again would be a disaster for Villa, and it's very likely it can happen again. Then they'd only have further problems, not just losses, over other players having demands, having to rush changes across the board etc.

Agree it's not same as Delph, he jumped a sinking ship. It's different but still risky. Just talking from their pov really, could still renew and see it play out well obviously. And in either case, same as majority here, I want him to join us, but if he doesn't it wouldn't be chaos, barely anyone would be arsed.
Cheers mate, I haven’t forgotten. I’ve spent the last 8 years knowing way more than I’ve ever cared to know about Villa. Deluded fans are fun and even more when they’re your top pal. I really enjoyed that playoff loss to Fullham. :-)

They definitely went wild that first year after promotion and barely stayed up like you mentioned. If you check money spent over the last 5 years they are third!! You obviously don’t do that and then sell your best asset after finishing 11th if you’re in it for short term gains (siphoning like the glazers/kroenkess do). The story just isn’t there for a sell or sell/reinvest. They’re projected mid table and if they sell Jack now they’re definitely dropping down to that 14-17 range and that would completely destroy the project and all the work.

How would they even reinvest at this point? Like I said, it ain’t my club, I hope he comes, and I’m just throwing out some prospective. That’s a ton of pressure to place on a player that’s literally the Golden Boy as far as leaving goes.

Just saying, it’s very very complex and we’ll see. To your points, I hear what you’re saying as well. It’s no surprise that it’s gone from ‘done deal to second thoughts’.

edit: also I apologize to @BillyShears for calling him a dickhead in the Jack thread. That’s on me.

Last edited:
Lol there aren't salary caps in Prem and the models are entirely different in how they operate. They can't treat and keep Grealish like they did with Giannis.

It's just not a great comparison anyway. Giannis is arguably the best in the planet right now and the Bucks weren't far off the top anyway. If it wasn't for him picking up an injury last season then they could easily have made it further.

Villa aren't the Bucks and Grealish ain't Giannis.

It's just not a great comparison anyway. Giannis is arguably the best in the planet right now and the Bucks weren't far off the top anyway. If it wasn't for him picking up an injury last season then they could easily have made it further.

Villa aren't the Bucks and Grealish ain't Giannis.
It’s a pretty fair comparison as a duality. It’s a kid that was homegrown and won’t be hard pressed to leave who have ambitious owners. Especially when one club can pay over the odds and another won’t. And they have the same owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.