It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't work both ways, unfortunately.

Some people are focused on what physically materialises on incomings.

If nothing else, it has exposed this Romano bloke.

He was never privy to the previous denial by City to some of the local lads before the season had even finished.

It has been fun watching him flog a horse he didn't realise had any legs.

Romano has become the number one journalist people look to even some blues on Twitter disregard journalist who are close to city for Romano. He’s become the if Romano tweets it it’s happening. Not just for city news but other clubs to. He’s getting interviews etc has his own twitch channel and merch coming he’s become a brand now his “Here we go” sentence is all that people look for. There are constant replies to tweets on multiple clubs saying Romano didn’t tweet it so this can’t be true, it’s actually scary how much of a brand hes become.

I was in the camp of believing Romano but since studying journalism especially sports and talks with my teacher she showed me how he just guesses. And just puts out what people want to read not what the truth is

Thanks for the reply, is stockport considered ”suburb” or ”city of Manchester”
Definitely not City of Manchester. Stockport is one of the other 9 Metropolitan Boroughs that make up the Greater Manchester conurbation.

Being based on an important town, I’d put it in the third tier with people mostly identifying as “Stopfordians” (i. e. from Stockport). I’m sure a fair number would consider themselves Mancs or even “dual nationality”. Particularly City fans!

I could be wrong, particularly as I’ve been away from the area for a number of years.

It’s often the case that someone will say they are from Manchester, or “near Manchester” when they first meet someone from another part of the country or overseas. If they find the person knows the area, they will go on to be more specific.

Yeah have to agree city chief are awful and by far the worst. Only read city xtra now as city report blocked me on Twitter. Sad bastards

Other day city chief called ex Sunderland striker Kevin Phillips a reporter and a legitimate source re Kane. when I actually read the article it was just an opinion piece based on peps comments back in April.

They all want those clicks I guess
That’s poor form.

Please stop posting city chief here. He's a horrible aggregator and even posts the worst of sources to link players.

Lequipe, but... Via talksport lmfao.

I shall did not realise they were that bad. I’ll only post city xtra and report for now on if they tweet.

Is every part of greater Manchester considered mancunian? (I’m not from England)
You've got some really good answers but age is another factor here. Before 1974 there wasn't a Greater Manchester. The surrounding areas were just satellite towns (or a city for Salford) that were either in very south Lancashire (eg Bolton) or very north Cheshire (eg Stockport).

So people of a certain age would never consider Greater Manchester as Manchester, really. Especially when you consider each of these areas have their own cultures and long histories that are often unique from the nearby towns (which I find cool and weird).

But a kid born in 2000 isn't going to care most probably. They'd likely call themselves Mancunian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.