It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Martin Blackburn, Sam Lee, and Jack Gaughan (3 of the few journos with genuine links to the club) simultaneously put out a statement that City are not in for a specific player, you can be sure that they've been briefed by the club.

I only saw the one, thanks though, makes sense.

I only saw the one, thanks though, makes sense.
Those three plus Simon Mullock are normally the ones to get briefings I think. So if you see at least two of them writing the same thing you can presume they've been briefed.

I don't know if hes still got the ability or not but his head clearly isn't there and everyone knows it so not surprised no one wants him.

RM are paying his wages either way and if Ancelotti/Zidane believe having him in the team is just a distraction then leave him out. Even having him on the bench costs them more money.

Yeah he has, but again, I don't really see the relation.

Unless of course people think Kane will join then just go off and play golf for his whole contract here.

It is a bit abstract but this line of chat has drifted from a response I was making and gone off into the long grass.
I was originally replying to a guy (a nice guy as it happens) who thought that Haaland’s young age meant that, if we signed him, he’d serve us well for 10 years.

I made the point that you need to be willing to pay more than the rest of the market to sign a player that’s in demand, and you also need to be willing to pay more than the rest of the market to get a player that’s in demand to sign up to a further contract.
My further point was that you can pay a crazy fee and agree crazy wages to sign the player that everyone seems to want, but there may come a point when that player becomes a crazy burden.

I don’t think that Kane’d go play golf.
I think that he’d play every game that he could, and win every trophy that he could, so that he could make up for lost time while he had time.
He’s a great player, PL proven and hungry for honours.
But, like any other human being he could just go off the boil, mentally, physically or both.
It happens :-(

Not that I particularly want us to get Kane, no good reason why not (and yes I’ll support him if he rocks up) but the thought of Harry in our shirt makes my shoulders sag.
And, weird as it may sound to some, I’m not keen on the thought of Haaland and his circus rocking up either.

He's a piggybacker, he's not a journalist.

This Nuno Mendes stuff has totally exposed him, as the pack at City have been privy for weeks that he was not a target.

Did the same with the Kane stuff the other week, claiming Sterling had been offered.

Couldn't be further from the truth.
If you throw enough shit some will stick, as the saying goes.

He's always come across as a bit of a chancer and regurgitator.

Stick EXCLUSIVE in a tweet and everyone thinks he's the messiah when one in ten turns out to be true.

I think Paratici was right with what he said about Spurs seems like all their transfers are being done in these two weeks. we might see movement about Harry Kane next week. Also this might be something to do with Harry, Spurs looking at Belotti Torino want 60 million you don’t spend that on a back up striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.