It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. It's mostly all just posturing. Half the press pack eating up Spurs' "no intention of selling" line - whilst the other eating up City's "we would never pay 160 million pounds".

Meanwhile in the background they continue to go back and forth. Because of Kane's stature at Spurs and because he's 'one fo their own', I don't see this dragging beyond the first game of the season. All parties IMO will wanted it sorted before then.

Interesting little bit that I hadn't caught until last night - sounds like City briefed that Haaland is not an option this summer regardless due to the fee it would require for Dortmund to sell. Also interesting that Gary Jacob wrote in the Times that City don't have any back up plans for Kane, whilst the round of reports last night had the line that "City have alternatives but are focussed on Kane". I would say there's an absolutely minimal chance at this stage of the summer that there's anyone but Kane on their list. If they don't land him, they'll go with what they have.

Which is ultimately why I think they'll land him and Levy will say he got 150 million pounds and City will say they paid 130 with add ons.

I can somewhat see City going with what we have. And I think Pep as much as he wants a striker would partly be proud to back his own 'no way are we playing the insane money asked' and show he can do it with this squad, IF it came to that.

I can also certainly see us landing Kane, one way or another before the window shuts.

But I just don't believe he is the only name on the list and they don't have alternatives. Not a chance.

Exactly. It's mostly all just posturing. Half the press pack eating up Spurs' "no intention of selling" line - whilst the other eating up City's "we would never pay 160 million pounds".

Meanwhile in the background they continue to go back and forth. Because of Kane's stature at Spurs and because he's 'one fo their own', I don't see this dragging beyond the first game of the season. All parties IMO will wanted it sorted before then.

Interesting little bit that I hadn't caught until last night - sounds like City briefed that Haaland is not an option this summer regardless due to the fee it would require for Dortmund to sell. Also interesting that Gary Jacob wrote in the Times that City don't have any back up plans for Kane, whilst the round of reports last night had the line that "City have alternatives but are focussed on Kane". I would say there's an absolutely minimal chance at this stage of the summer that there's anyone but Kane on their list. If they don't land him, they'll go with what they have.

Which is ultimately why I think they'll land him and Levy will say he got 150 million pounds and City will say they paid 130 with add ons.

With respect to Kane being the only option, i am totally fine if we are waiting one year if next year we are going all out for Haaland.

But as suggested by a few posters, Pep only wants Kane and City have promised him that. So I could see City comprising on the last 10 millions and paying Spurs some premium.

It's not my money so I would not mind this and Spurs have a habit of bottling huge money.
Even if we give them 200 mil they will end up spending them all buying 4 Schneiderlin for 50 million each.

Last edited:

City playing Spuds away first game is no coincidence. Really can't picture Kane lining up for City against Spuds on his debut. My betting is the deal will be completed after that game

Here is the article by Martin Blackburn https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/15676604/harry-kane-transfer-manchester-city-tottenham/

The bit about waiting to see if United come in does concern me slightly tbh seeing as Blackburn is about as reliable as you can get for city news. Like always if Kane entertains United I guess we will walk away as we won’t get involved in a bidding war

Why the hell would he wait for rags to bid for him? If you‘d had a job offer for a senior role at Apple would you say no I’m waiting to see if the local McDonalds wants me to serve in the drive through?

Secondly I would hope City wouldnt cut off their nose to spite their face in this case. We must not miss out on such an important position that we desperately need to improve. We cannot afford to sit back and let rag scum get Kane as well as Sancho. Those bastards have to be kept shit and irrelevant at any cost.

With respect to Kane being the only option, i am totally fine if we are waiting one year if next year we are going all out for Haaland.

But as suggested by a few posters, Pep only wants Kane and City have promised him that. So I could see City comprising on the last 10 millions and paying Spurs some premium.

It's not my money so I would not mind this and Spurs have a habit of bottling huge money.
Even if we give them 200 mil they will end up spending them all buying 4 Schneiderlin for 50 million each.

It's not 10m to compromise on though, it is a gap of about 50-60m to bridge, if you go by the reports. Tixi has happily let deals collapse over not wanting to budge on as little as up to 5m, and Pep has never begrudged it, to think we would suddenly pay 10s of millions more than a ceiling value is a bit of a stretch.

This will go till the very end of the window. We will need to break that principle, but Spurs will also need to accept they lower their valuation significantly. And the media rumour claims will be used to wash that linen in public.

City playing Spuds away first game is no coincidence. Really can't picture Kane lining up for City against Spuds on his debut. My betting is the deal will be completed after that game
I skimmed over this yesterday, but with a theory that he's signed soon but will have 'had a knock in training' in the week up to the Spurs game.

That would really set the flappers off.

If he signs, he is ours and if we want to play him against spuds, we will and their fans will just have to suck it up
I am convinced Levy would give us quite a large discount for Kane not to make the opening game, just imagine Kane scoring, City wining, Spurs season is over after 1 match and Levy has the whole support base on his case.

Has to be worth 10m not to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.